Mount Willard Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Carroll, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From I-93 exit 35 near Franconia Notch, follow US Route 3 (North) about 11 miles to the junction of US Route 302 in Twin Mountain, turn right on US Route 302 (East) about 8.7 miles. Trailhead is located behind the railroad depot (AMC Crawford Notch Visitors Center).

42 minutes ago

Nice hike. Get more view for the “work” you have to do.

One of the best short hikes in the Whites. The view at the end is unreal and almost looks like you're in a different part of the world. Poles would have helped coming down.

It is pleasant hike with no surprises. Rocky path most of the way which I don’t like too much. The view is good but not great. But the trail head is at the beautiful train station, and 5 miles away from the Great Mt Washington Hotel , or other name now: so worth the trip.

Awesome hike! Did this today with a family of 4 and my
6 month old golden retriever. Definitely a moderate trail for beginners, easy for more experienced hikers. Great views at the top. Dog friendly for sure.

Climbed this trail this morning, great views over Crawford Notch. Met a lot of nice people of all ages and several well behaved dogs. Afterwards we drove down to Willey House and walked the Saco River Trail (3.2 miles each way - unfortunately not yet on Alltrails database). Great day out in the Notch.

One of the easiest hikes I have ever done. Not much to see during the hike in terms of views, but amazing view at the top. Requires around an hour each way, so can get really crowded.

Well marked, easy hike with amazing views.

This is a great trail with breathtaking views at the top! It had rained the day before so the trail was covered with a little creek at the start but it was easy to cross and lots of fun. We took our little dog too and he had a great time, was more challenging for us than him!

We arrived to the head trail at 4pm, Oct 14, 2018 with 2 kids of 6 and 9 y.o and were determined to "race" with the Sun. It took us around 45mn to go up and 30mn to go down, the trail was rocky but not too hard. The view on top was beautiful in the Fall and we still had some sunlight which was great! The temperature dropped so fast so be sure to bring warm clothes. We were back to visit center around 6pm but please note that the restroom was closed by that time.

Loved the views and easiest enough for my almost four year old was able to climb! Valley more shaded in afternoon so I would hike it in morning to see it better.

Steady climb. Not difficult. Beautiful view

One of my favorite trails so far! The view is truly beyond expectations, it’s just gorgeous! It is perceived to be one of the best hikes in White Mountains region, steady incline but not challenging, we did round trip in 1.5 hours. You will absolutely love it!!!

I thought this was one of the easiest hikes I’ve ever done; I think anyone could do it. It took me 45 minutes to get to the top. The trail was easy to hike even when wet and with fallen leaves. The summit is wide enough so you can find your own space at the top. And what a summit, offering stunning views of the notch. I went on a cloudy and cold weekday and saw a lot of people so I can only imagine what it’s like on a good weekend. Parking was easy (and free) at the Crawford Station and the bathroom there was a plus.

Very pleasant (east to low moderate) hike, but that makes it very busy. Nice view of the notch at the summit.

This was a great hike- I thought it was moderate ( not easy). It was a steady climb almost the whole way up. I went mid week so it was a little less crowded, but it was busy. I enjoyed taking my dog, but did not enjoy people who allow their dogs off leash. ( they should be leashed!). I have a rescue Great Dane who is not predictably social, so I had to continuously pull off the trail to avoid dogs that might approach mine. I wish others would be more considerate and follow NH State Park leash laws.

This is my favorite family winter hike. I have done this trail many times with my extended family of all different levels of physical fitness. Everyone gets to the top , regardless of shape! I always bring my snowshoes but hardly ever wear as the trail is well padded down. But you will need some slip on spikes .

Crawford notch is beautiful and the views are great, like stated, but the amount of people was out of control. Felt like a tourist trap, and definitely not your typical hiking crowd. Once at the summit, walk to your right and through the woods a little and you’ll have your own rock ledge lookout away from the chaos.

We did a family hike with my 8 and 11 year old kids and two dogs! It was a perfect amount of challenge and still enjoying it! Breath taking view at the top, worth the hike. We definitely not seasoned hikers and loves this trail, so did our dogs! Very dog friendly!!

A great hike for those of us who don't like the hard trails. Beautiful views of Crawford Notch from the top and saw the train from North Conway on the tracks today.

The breathtaking view is worth the climb

Nice hike. Lots of people, but spectacular views and not difficult. says dog friendly. some people were not happy about dogs on trail.... downright cranky about it. won't do this particular trail with the dog again.

What an amazing hike!! I'm new to hiking and somewhat out of shape but once at the top it was amazingly beautiful. For myself, at 58, it was somewhat challenging but I'm going back for foliage I believe

Solid hike with great views at the end.

if you are looking for a hike to get a medium workout and excellent view under 3 hours (time to relax at top for a while) this is the one. I am 60, don't do elevations any more. well worth a little heavy breathing as you're climbing from the top of the notch and looking down into the bottom off cliffs on east side.

The other recent reviews are spot on! Steady incline, approximately two hours, easy side of moderate, gorgeous views at the top. Going down was a bit trickier because of the loose rocks so I’d recommend taking it slower and watching your footing. Took one hour to get to the top and about the same to get down. Park in the railroad station parking lot and behind the station is a sign that says P85...that’s the entrance.

A quick hike with an amazing view of the White Mountains! Well worth the time!

Amazing views all around. A lot of steps and some moderately steep parts.
Well worth it. Go early and during the week for less crowds.

Most bang for your buck short hike in the white mountain region. Fairly easy, but steep hike. Took about 2 hours in total, including about 20 min break at the top to take in the spectacular views. This one is a must do!

Great view easier hike. Can be up and down in 2 hrs.