Mount Willard Trail

Mount Willard Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Carroll, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From I-93 exit 35 near Franconia Notch, follow US Route 3 (North) about 11 miles to the junction of US Route 302 in Twin Mountain, turn right on US Route 302 (East) about 8.7 miles. Trailhead is located behind the railroad depot (AMC Crawford Notch Visitors Center).

I consider myself a novice hiker. I would say this is on the easier side of moderate. We saw young kids along the way and at the summit. AMAZING view may have made me forget about the level of effort!

Mount Willard is the place to go if you enjoy a hike with a worthwhile view once you reach the peak. I went there yesterday with a good friend, and although it rained quite heavily, it seemed to enhance the trek. The waterfalls and breathtaking view made the hike one to remember.

When I went with a friend it was raining hard and there was a lot of fog, but it was still incredibly fun. The view from the top was stunning especially with the fog around the mountains. I highly recommend this hike, rain or shine.

Great hike for all levels and the view is spectacular!

You know you found a great hike when each group arriving at the top and first sees the view exclaims "holy shit!". It was slippery today because of the rain yesterday so we took our time. Great workout, beautiful view & perfect day!

this is one of those hikes you want to keep secret but you can't because it's so fantastic. always try to turn people on to it. great views.

it was beautiful, the hike was a little steep and wet because it had just rained but the view was so worth it.