Mount Tripyramid Loop Trail

Mount Tripyramid Loop Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Campton, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great views. Challenging and strenous. 45 degree climbs for extended periods. Take Livermore rd east until you hit the Tripyramid North Slide Trail. If weather is dry, climb it up. Be prepared for strenuous, extended climb at a 45 degree angle or more with not too many places to put your hands and feet. Be very careful. If it is wet, you may want to walk a bit longer on the Livermore trail and climb using the Scaur Ridge Trail. Enjoy the views on the way up and on the way down. The views from the top are not as stunning as other mountains. Once you finish climbing the North Ridge, you may want to rest on the North Tripyramid for a while, before continuing to the Middle and South Tripyramids (easy hike there). Climbing down is through the Tripyramid Trail, South Slide. The surface here is granular, so it will be easier to climb down via the south than via the north (but it will still take time). Once you reach the Livermore Rd, walk back to the car. You will not forget this hike.

Just wasn’t for me. Most of the trail is not steep or rigorous at all. There are several brooks to cross and after rain you HAVE to cross right through the water. The trail to the north is tougher than the south. The last half mile to the summit of both you’re scrambling up rocks. Requires some legit rock climbing, particularly up the north. The views on the way up are nice (no views at the summits) but really only offer views to the west and south.

geocaching

if you like climbing rock face this is for you. avoid the north slide after the rain. granite gets slick. no views except on the way up or down

If you enjoy scrambling, this is the best mountain for it. The walk to the base is lengthy and the peaks aren't beautiful, but the whole climb up is just absolutely wondrous.

Great Hike super challenging. Small viewing points at top. Enjoyed a little river swim at end. Def a knee breaker.

We did this hike as the exact loop indicated in the map. Going up the north face and down the south slide. No Scaur ridge trial. Howwwwwwever I would never take the north face again. It was not raining per-say but it was foggy with damp air. We have never had a slip issue in our hiking shoes till this hike. The north face was incredibly hard and the only way up was to use pine shrubs along the slippery granite to stay on it. It was miserable I can say. (Two weekends ago we hiked the entire presidential traverse and went even further onto Mt Jackson and Mt Webster and both agreed the entire 11 peaks we did before weren't even anything as hard as this north face. ) In addition I would NEVER bring my (hunting) dogs up this trail. Ever. I guess if you took the Scaur ridge around but then again we never saw that trail so I couldn't tell you. Even going down the south slide loose terrain I'd hate to knock the boulders free towards my pets. Many times boulders free fell 50/60 feet larger than softballs. One hiker taking one to the ankle. The loose rock and sand just crumbles out from under you. We didn't get a view from any peaks because of the fog - but that could happen anywhere. And wouldn't do it again to try and see anything. I'm for certain it's probably an amazing view don't get me wrong. And we love hiking do it all the time and are wellll into our 48 4K forgets. Not that it's all complaints but I would have labeled this hike as extremely difficult. And 2 stars because although I felt kinda accomplished and just happy to check it off and get away from it... we will never do it again just to see the top.

Definitely a long hike/bike. My son and I actually biked in the 1st 2.6 miles to the tripyramid loop junction. I recommend this. We went up the north slide which was steeper than I remember. You have to to use hand holds and on all fours at times.

I had to lift up our black lab a few times and he was tired after the full trip. Really nice views and amazing to look down at how steep it was.

The ridge at the top was enjoyable and a more lush mossy and fern covered change from the slide area. South slide down more loose rock. But definitely the right direction to go. Good sense of accomplishment for all once back at the car at Livermore road.

Great trail.

We took Sabbaday trail because of the dead moose on the North Slide. Poor thing was stinking up the place. It was a long and easy 4.9 mile hike that required a few brook passings-5 if I remember correctly. Rock slides are rock slides, but following Sabbaday you only have one stretch of slides. If you are going in the next few weeks, do not forget your bug spray!!!!

Very slippery! Be careful on the rocky sections. Also not really the best views.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Went up Pine ridge to the North peak (no view) then over to the middle peak (which has a beautiful view of Waterville Valley) then over to South peak (no view). Then back over to the middle peak and down the Sabbaday trail. Great hike, very cool trail, not well marked so bring a map. A great all day adventure!

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Bring a map & compass. There are no clear signs indicating summit of Middle or which direction North is. A little deduction, drawing straws or casting lots might get you there but a map and compass will secure a successful trip. Limited views on Middle - better views on North. I recommend Moat Mountain Brewery afterwards. Nice hike - not too hard.