Mount Tecumseh Trail

Mount Tecumseh Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waterville Valley, New Hampshire that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, downhill skiing, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

The smallest of New Hampshire's 4,000 footers (standing at 4,003 feet tall) sits adjacent to Waterville Valley Ski area. A lovely hike to do during any season! Follow the trail 1.2 miles to a view point then another 1 (steep) mile to the cross trail between the Tecumseh Trail and the Sosman trail. From there, the summit is 0.3 miles away. There are limited views, but it is still beautiful!

A good starter for a 4k if your looking to do them. This is my 6th and it was the easiest ive done so far. Challenging but short enough to not be to daunting. Rainy cloudy day so no views really but still fun. You can definitely do this in rain.

Starting the NH 48 and went with Mount Tecumseh on 6.14.17. after reading some of the mixed reviews on here I wasn't sure what to expect. But I loved the hike and the views. No it isn't a 360 view but it was still amazing and peaceful. We started very early around 6am and made it to the top at 8:24 am. Enjoyed our meal, took pictures and relaxed a little. It was about 50 degrees the entire time with a decent wind but not crazy. Sunny and occasional clouds. The creeks were nice and simple to cross. When you cross the 2nd creek and pass the overlook (also super beautiful) it is fairly steep and seemingly never ending. Pace yourself unless you are fairly experienced and comfortable with rocky loose terrain. I will say the descent was a but more tedious because of how steep some parts were and all the rocks/boulders you had to keep your head down most of time to not trip and hurt yourself. Still loved the hike and we made it back down around 10:30am. We are fairly active and in shape and there were times when my husband and myself had to stop to catch our breath. I would definitely make sure you have proper gear and shoes. Another perk to going that early we had the whole trail and mountain to ourself! It wasn't till we were almost at the end of our descend that we saw a couple of people. Worth checking off your list!

Fun hike with interesting trail features: beautiful rushing stream, lots of steep stone stairs, boulders.

Okay/decent hiking. Good view. Not a 360 view though..

Great climb with some really fun water crossings. The path can get rocky but there are a lot of big rocks that make natural steps throughout the climb. Only saw a handful of people on the way up. Got zero views at the top as it is already really wooded and it was really foggy when we went. I went with my dog and we stopped and ate at the top and then did some fun rock jumping and jogging on the way down and we finished in 2 hours and 48 minutes. Even without the views we really enjoyed this hike. Go early to avoid black flies in June!

First, the elevation listed is wrong. Tecumseh is NH's smallest 4000 footer. It's a beautiful, very peaceful hike for the first 30 minutes, before turning into a very steep and rocky hike. Its a challenge all the way up to the junction for the summit but a very rewarding hike with a lovely, secluded view. Late May provided lovely green colors. We did not experience excessive traffic.

Definitely one of the easier of 4000 footers. 5 miles total took 3 hrs in snow. Great views.

Great winter hike great views.