Mount Sunapee, Andrew Brook Trail

Mount Sunapee, Andrew Brook Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newbury, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Good half day hike! It is a bit challenging sometimes with the steepness and many rocks. If it has just rained some of the water crossings can be tricky! But great view for the effort put in!

We hiked this on a beautiful fall day. Not a difficult hike in a beautiful forest setting. Very doable for little kids. Good view of Lake Solitude from ledge that we almost missed. The ledge can get crowded due to the limited viewing space. But if you can find space to sit and enjoy the view, it is well worth it. We continued to Mt Sunapee summit where there is a ski lodge with restroom facilities and good view of Lake Sunapee. Apparently people get up there via ski lifts.

Easy hike. We had lunch at the top Will do again.

Amazing. Wore the dog out! Much of the trail is rocky and those who need sticks to walk might want to take that in to consideration. It is a fabulous hike, and the lake and then the overlook is beautiful. Busy.

The views are spectacular, a perfect combination of rocky and plain terrain. A must go hike.
The view of the lake from the summit is superb!

This is the trail to do on Sunapee. A lovely trek with interesting terrain, a babbling brook, and a very rewarding destination. We also continued on to the Summit Trail and then down Newbury Trail. The summit, I imagine, would be great during foliage season. The trip down Newbury has several nice lookouts and a flume slide. Lots of interesting features! The family and I will be back to enjoy this landscape wearing the attire of different seasons.

great view

I did this trail for a spring hike and had a great time. The trail follows a flowing brook the whole way up. There are a few river crossings without bridges but nothing too difficult. About 500 feet from the summit there is a beautiful little pond. From there you can take the final steps to the summit and enjoy the view from the rocky cliffs. You can easily see mountains for miles from the top. Definitely worth it, would do again.

Beautiful! The lake up on top is the icing on the cake.

It's practically a yearly tradition for my family and/or friends to hike! It's absolutely beautiful and it's only slightly tough bc of the steepness. Love the top portion the most and the view! Highly recommend!!!

Amazing hike beautiful views. Very dog friendly!

super quiet. i had a hard time finding the Newbury trail so i went down the street five minutes because i was losing the light. I'll be back for sure

hiked here with my kids. love this view and couldnt wait to show it too them. Just a great spot to go to

A great hike today. pretty fortunate to have this gem in our back yard.

Lovely at the beginning. Definitely a workout, but lots of small streams crossed, and small waterfalls all along the way. Made it to Lake Solitude which was out of this world. I hiked on a weekday alone and literally saw not one soul all the way to Lake Solitude. I was very much looking forward to the cliffs, however, got completely lost. I kept following the white trail what seemed to be miles, and then checked my location. I ended up heading about halfway down the Monadnock-Sunappee Greenway. I was super frusterated that I needed to turn around and retrace my steps but I then saw someone had painted "Scenic View" on a rock. I took the turn to at least get something positive out of my mistake. I think this could have been Lucia's Lookout? Honestly not sure.... I then noticed that the red paint continued, and someone had marked a trail down from the ledge that said "Trail to Mountain Road" which is where I parked! Instead of retracing my entire way back, I took the chance, and followed this mysterious red trail. THANK YOU TO WHOEVER MARKED IT. Although very steep in spots, and not technically a trail, I made it back down to mountain road. (Had to cross a sketch pond). I am thankful for this adventure, however would not necessarily recommend to anyone. I plan to revistit this summer to find the ledges, and actually reach the summit!!!

Great view from the top!! Wear waterproof boots, as there are brooks and mud on the trail.

Perfect weather. Very few insects. Very nice.

Hiked this trail this am. Had a great time and the views were incredible! Thanks to my wife for suggesting we go hiking! Our first hike.

May 1,2017