Mount Sunapee, Andrew Brook Trail

Mount Sunapee, Andrew Brook Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newbury, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The beginning half is definitely the most challenging, with a lot of rocks and a steady incline. The second half is much easier and beautiful. Make sure to continue up past Lake Solitude to get the view from the cliffs—it’s amazing. And bring bug spray.

Be prepared for buggy conditions this time of year! Well maintained and marked trail, nice views. Took us a little over 2 hours round trip.

Definitely moderate on intensity as initial climb can get rocky, but nice tree cover as I did it on the 4th of July and was fine with the heat. The Overlook of Solitude was the highlight of the hike. Wonderful view of landscape and Lake Solitude. Lastly I walked to Summit of Sunapee and was disappointed, not the best views as the summit is next to lodge and ski run. However definitely recommend the hike to Lake Solitude and the Overlook. Lastly well marked and good signage within the trail if you want to go out a different way.

Spectacular hike! Trail was lightly trafficked and the dragonflies at the pond were numerous. Not a cloud in the sky.

Great hike ! Relatively busy with lots of dogs. Lift was running at the ski area. Great views from the overlook at 2/3 to the summit.

Super fun hike on a mountain with lots of character. Actually decided to take a dip in Lake Solitude. Not very deep and pretty mucky and log strewn on the bottom. :(.

The view from the Ledges were beautiful as were the views from the summit. Great hike.

This is one of the best trails I've been on this a year. Lots to check out and lots of views. Highly recommend.

Love this trail. Takes about 3-3.5 hours. Nice up and down. I take it from the Andrew Brook trail to Lake Solitude, over to the peak of my Sunapee, and down the SRK trail to the lodge at the base of Mt Sunapee. You can also take the ski trails down Mt Sunapee for a smoother go. Lake Solitude is a nice stop over... and the view at the top of Mt Sunapee is stunning (views of Lake Sunapee, Mt Kearsarge and more). Love taking my dog w me.

The trail is in very good shape considering how early in the season it is. With snow covering roughly 60% of the trail, make sure you tackle this short half-day hike with decent waterproof hiking boots and consider bringing micro-spikes. I took my 5 year old black lab out today and she was able to complete the trail with no problems! The view overlooking lake solitude is stunning.

Good half day hike! It is a bit challenging sometimes with the steepness and many rocks. If it has just rained some of the water crossings can be tricky! But great view for the effort put in!

We hiked this on a beautiful fall day. Not a difficult hike in a beautiful forest setting. Very doable for little kids. Good view of Lake Solitude from ledge that we almost missed. The ledge can get crowded due to the limited viewing space. But if you can find space to sit and enjoy the view, it is well worth it. We continued to Mt Sunapee summit where there is a ski lodge with restroom facilities and good view of Lake Sunapee. Apparently people get up there via ski lifts.

Easy hike. We had lunch at the top Will do again.

Amazing. Wore the dog out! Much of the trail is rocky and those who need sticks to walk might want to take that in to consideration. It is a fabulous hike, and the lake and then the overlook is beautiful. Busy.

The views are spectacular, a perfect combination of rocky and plain terrain. A must go hike.
The view of the lake from the summit is superb!

This is the trail to do on Sunapee. A lovely trek with interesting terrain, a babbling brook, and a very rewarding destination. We also continued on to the Summit Trail and then down Newbury Trail. The summit, I imagine, would be great during foliage season. The trip down Newbury has several nice lookouts and a flume slide. Lots of interesting features! The family and I will be back to enjoy this landscape wearing the attire of different seasons.

great view

I did this trail for a spring hike and had a great time. The trail follows a flowing brook the whole way up. There are a few river crossings without bridges but nothing too difficult. About 500 feet from the summit there is a beautiful little pond. From there you can take the final steps to the summit and enjoy the view from the rocky cliffs. You can easily see mountains for miles from the top. Definitely worth it, would do again.

Beautiful! The lake up on top is the icing on the cake.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

It's practically a yearly tradition for my family and/or friends to hike! It's absolutely beautiful and it's only slightly tough bc of the steepness. Love the top portion the most and the view! Highly recommend!!!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Amazing hike beautiful views. Very dog friendly!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

super quiet. i had a hard time finding the Newbury trail so i went down the street five minutes because i was losing the light. I'll be back for sure

Saturday, June 03, 2017

hiked here with my kids. love this view and couldnt wait to show it too them. Just a great spot to go to

Monday, May 29, 2017

A great hike today. pretty fortunate to have this gem in our back yard.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Lovely at the beginning. Definitely a workout, but lots of small streams crossed, and small waterfalls all along the way. Made it to Lake Solitude which was out of this world. I hiked on a weekday alone and literally saw not one soul all the way to Lake Solitude. I was very much looking forward to the cliffs, however, got completely lost. I kept following the white trail what seemed to be miles, and then checked my location. I ended up heading about halfway down the Monadnock-Sunappee Greenway. I was super frusterated that I needed to turn around and retrace my steps but I then saw someone had painted "Scenic View" on a rock. I took the turn to at least get something positive out of my mistake. I think this could have been Lucia's Lookout? Honestly not sure.... I then noticed that the red paint continued, and someone had marked a trail down from the ledge that said "Trail to Mountain Road" which is where I parked! Instead of retracing my entire way back, I took the chance, and followed this mysterious red trail. THANK YOU TO WHOEVER MARKED IT. Although very steep in spots, and not technically a trail, I made it back down to mountain road. (Had to cross a sketch pond). I am thankful for this adventure, however would not necessarily recommend to anyone. I plan to revistit this summer to find the ledges, and actually reach the summit!!!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Great view from the top!! Wear waterproof boots, as there are brooks and mud on the trail.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Perfect weather. Very few insects. Very nice.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hiked this trail this am. Had a great time and the views were incredible! Thanks to my wife for suggesting we go hiking! Our first hike.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

May 1,2017
My 1st hike. Beautiful!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A nice hike. Pretty steep early on but levels out nice the higher you get. The veiw of the lake at the top was well worth the hike and I highly recommend this hike to anyone. like others have said keep going beyond the lake and up to the cliffs for an amazing sight. I will do this again.