Old Halfway House Trail to White Arrow Trail Loop

Old Halfway House Trail to White Arrow Trail Loop is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

little varaition of going straight up the arrow. little less direct and a great view at 2500 off Rosa

We did a family hike on this trail introducing my 8 years old son to his first mountain hike. The Old Halfway House trail was easy going forest setting but the White Arrow Trail was when things get interesting. It was fairly steep especially in the last mile of the trail to the summit and was very picturesque. Once you past the alpine zone, Mount Monadnock becomes very interesting.

Since the mountain is only about 3,100 feet, you can see all the surrounding town in all of its glory and detail. The day of our hike was picture perfect and I took some stunning panorama from the summit. I will definitely climb this mountain more often now especially when it is just a little over an hour and a half away for me.

A favorite hike of mine. Nice rest and view at Monte Rosa and a little more gradual ascent to the top of Monadnok