Mount Prospect Trail

Mount Prospect Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Holderness, New Hampshire that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

I moved to the area this summer, this is my favorite trail to walk my dogs at. It's definitely moderate- has some steep sections that become a workout for me LOL, and then some flat parts that you can just stroll through. I come here frequently but yesterday (November 22, 2017), I believe to have spotted a bear print in the mud about a quarter mile to the summit, along with a marked tree. Pretty awesome! I wish I would have taken a picture.

1 hr to summit, 40 min down

Lovely hike on easy trails. Not marked much, but the way was easy to follow. I did have this app to reference. Wasn’t sure we hit the summit as there is nothing to distinguish it. It was a beautiful day and the stream was active and running strong. There is a ledge overlook that is amazing. It offers an easterly view.

great trail.
not marked but well defined. only two places where I had to question a little bit where the trail was. 1st place was were the trail comes to what looks like a fork in the trail. both are trails but trail to the left will take you to the summit. 2nd place was closer to the top where it comes to a small clearing and the trail looks like it comes to an end. follow the trail to the left along what appears to be a dried up creek bed.
fairly steep incline most of the way up.
nice clearing at the top. views for a good distance of water bodies, treetops, mountains

It's a nice hike. No marked trails or signs so a bit confusing near the summit.
But worth a hike. Very quiet didn't see anyone else

Trail is very poorly marked. There are no signs or trail blazes. All I saw on the whole hike were 2 cairns (or possibly the same cairn twice). We didn't find the summit and ended up walking a mile on the road back to our car on return.

Great winter hike!