Mount Pierce, Jackson, and Webster Loop

Mount Pierce, Jackson, and Webster Loop is a 9.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bretton Woods, New Hampshire that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A climb up the two southernmost peaks of the Presidential Range This is a great loop trail that will take you up Mt. Webster and along the mountain's cliffs on the way up, then head over the partially bare summit of Mt. Jackson, past the AMC Mitzpah Hut and then to the top of semi-wooded Mt. Pierce. You'll return via the southern end of the Crawford Path back down to Crawford Notch.

Majestic views!
Hard hike, straight up you go.
Grey Jays landed in my hand. No feeding them please.
So amazing at the top. Amazing feeling!!

Tough climb. Rocky. Lots of water damage making it hard.

We caught a break in the rain from Mizpah hut and ventured out at about 2 PM to peak-bag Jackson -- fully knowing we were not going to get any views with the 100% cloud cover. While only a net 300 foot vertical difference between the hut and Jackson, there's some down and up. There are three scrambly spots up to the summit, but only moderately difficult.

The return to the hut encountered downpours, but we got back with a round trip of about 3 hours. Note - while this site is saying 2.8 miles, I believe the distance is 1.6-1.7 each way based on the signs on the trail -- so more like 3.2+ for the out & back.

I started on crawford's path from Eisenhower and then made my way over to pierce and then to Jackson.

Pierce was a very easy hike, but we experienced winds over 65 mph. This was challenging.

We stopped at the hut and had a snack and continued on to Jackson. Jackson has many spots where you must scramble up slabs of granite in order to summit. We descended via the Jackson-Webster trail and it was a difficult one. It could have been because it was the end of a 9 mile hike, or because it was actually semi challenging.

But altogether and amazing journey!!

I wish I could say it was a beautiful day in the Alpine Zone but it started off rainy and foggy and stayed that way for most of the hike. I took the Crawford Path to the summit of Mt. Pierce, by far the easiest hike out of all the ones in the range. Nice steady incline to the summit, I made it in two hours. Then headed over to the hut for a snack and over to Mt. Jefferson, another two hours to this summit. I decided to skip the hike over to the cliffs and took the shortcut down (Webster-Jackson Trail). All in all it was a great day of hiking despite the weather. 7 hours round trip. I don't consider myself to be in the best of shape and I managed just fine!

This is a great loop trail that will take you up Mt. Webster and along the mountain's cliffs on the way up, then head over the partially bare summit of Mt. Jackson, past the AMC Mitzpah Hut and then to the top of semi-wooded Mt. Pierce. You'll return via the southern end of the Crawford Path back down to Crawford Notch. Challenging hike with great views.

It was a beautiful day, the ascents were moderate and the length was perfect for a full day hike. The walk from Pierce to Jackson takes you by the AMC Mizpah hut, which is a great place to fill up on water and use the bathroom. The full trip took a little over 6 hours. None of the summits were especially crowded, especially for a summer weekend.

My boyfriend and I took the dog out for the first time on this loop. We started at the AMC highland center and took the Crawford Notch trail to summit Mt. Pierce. The ascent was smooth - it was a gradual incline all the way to the top and it was great for the dog. We went south to camp at the Neumann tent site, right by the Mizpah hut. $10 per person per night for a raised wooden platform, close enough to use the hut for bathroom, water, and a yummy morning pastry if you go after breakfast is over. The next day, we continued south to summit Mt. Jackson. For the most part, it was great. When we were close to summit, there were a few sections that tested our footing with our packs and the dog. The trail was very wet but manageable. Beautiful wildflowers this time of year, and the view from Mt Jackson is spectacular in good weather. Once off the summit, we cut across to the Webster Jackson trail, which was an okay descent, tricky in some parts without poles and with the dog. Altogether, a fantastic weekend and would highly recommend!

Trails were pretty wet with water flowing down, but with good hiking boots you should stay dry. Very pretty waterfall , and views on the summit. We only did Mount Pierce and the loop around the hut and down.