Mount Pemigewasset Trail (Indian Head)

Mount Pemigewasset Trail (Indian Head) is a 3.3 mile out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

2 children. 7 and 2. two adults and one child backpack. took us almost 2 hours up and 45 minutes down. many breaks but at the summit, the view is like an Oil Painting it was unbelievable.

we will be doing this again but it won't take us as long next time.

Great for hiking or snowshoeing. Went a couple winters ago and had to turn back as it was a little too much for my dog. I went back in the summer, turns out we weren't that far from the summit, but it's a gorgeous view! We used the trailhead off the bike path next to the Flume

Have always loved this hike - regardless of season.

Good hike. Mostly uphill. Due to other plans we had to turn back early but we went 1.7 miles and still could not see the end in site

well maintained, great view at the top. the guy at the information desk told us to return from the same route. Heard noise of 93 at the beginning, but it was quiet once in the forest.

Beautiful hike. I was alone and as such always looking for a hike that has enough people so I feel safe but not so many people that the nature feels overrun. This hike was perfect. It was challenging but not too hard and the leaves & views were amazing! Took me about 75 mins to hike up and an hour to come back down. Hard to find parking in the Flume lot on a gorgeous Sunday but it eventually worked out.

Unbelievable view of the foliage this weekend!

Loved this hike - the view on the top is so rewarding! Definitely requires good fitness levels - make sure you take enough water for the trip.

This was a strenuous trail.  Essentially it was 1200 feet elevation increase in 1.5 miles which is steep incline.  It's lots of large stepping on rocks and tree roots.  A hiking stick is definitely recommended.  Overall it was nice though that it is pretty much straight up once you get to the real part of the trail.  I say that's nice because some trails have 200 feet elevation change in the end but it was accomplished through 700 feet of up and down throughout, at least here you know what you are getting into.  On a clear day the views are absolutely astounding.  It feels like a great accomplishment with a great payoff.  The trail is well marked the whole way through.  A tip for starting the trail is take exit 34A of the highway I-93 and park in the Flume Gorge parking lot but park near the bus parking (off to the north or left) since that is where the trail begins.   It took us like 3 hours to do the trip and coming back was much quicker than going up.

trail is def moderate. consistent grade and we'll maintained. view from top for foliage is spectacular. parking at trailhead is free.

Great hike. Good for active families. About 3 hours round trip. Amazon views.

Well maintained trail and a hearty moderate hike up the mountain. It is a 1,200 ft or so elevation change. The Flume trail loop across the street is rated moderate and in my view you can't use that to gauge this hike, as Mt. Pemigewasset is more strenuous and a true moderate hike. We loved this hike. The summit is amazing and we spent an hour enjoying the views.