Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Mount Osceola Trail to Greeley Ponds Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(339)
White Mountain National Forest

Mount Osceola Trail to Greeley Ponds Trail is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 2,378 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

Breathtaking vistas of Kancamagus wilderness with a steep incline. This hike will bring you to the highest peaks of the Sandwich Range with good views to the east despite wooded summits This is a short but steep climb to get the tallest peak in the Sandwich Range and it's sister peak East Osceola. Although both summits are wooded there are ledges on the way up East and a viewpoint towards the east from Mt. Osceola. to get there you will take the Greely Pond Trail from the Kancamangus Highway to the Mt. Osceola trail which turns off to the west just before the ponds. NOTE: Price for parking on Tripoli Road has changed to $5.

icy

Extremely fun trail! Creek crossing at the start, but the water was low enough to use rocks to step across. Brooks throughout the trail, due to the melting snow, was a beautiful trail to hike! Icy near the top, so spikes were needed.

We started at Livermore parking since Tripoli was closed. After a couple miles along Tripoli road, we went up Osceola trail, which is very underused in the winter and we needed to break through some semi-deep, crusted snow. At the top, we walked through some pretty deep snow, which snowshoes were needed. We continued to East Osceola, where the trail was much more trafficked and micro spikes were a must. Rather than backtracking we decided to continue down but instead of taking Greenly Ponds to the Kancamangus, we took it back to Livermore Road. Overall, some amazing views and good mileage and a great winter hike! :)

Just finished the hike! First mile was rocky, view from the top of Mt Osceola was INCREDIBLE. Very windy. Not too many lookout points along the way but the top was breathtaking—-literally cause it was freezing

I would rate this trail as moderate. For a 4000 footer it’s not that difficult. The worse part is walking on all the rocks. You don’t climb over any boulders or anything like that your just constantly walking on ground level rocks. I went the day after Columbus Day and the trail was pretty busy. The road to get to the parking lot is gated and the gate closes for winter at the end of October. The view was awesome with the leaves changing. But by the time you make it to the top and back to the parking lot you just never want to walk on a rock again.

Awesome, easy, gradual climb

Took me almost exactly 3 hours to complete with a short stop at the top and a bit of trail running down. The lower part of the trail is very rocky. I only hit the first peak and went back down from there. Nice hike and beautiful views.

Did this trail today. very beautiful to look at the fall colors from the top.

I hiked the Greeley Ponds/Mount Osceola trails to East Peak and return. Trail is well blazed and easy to follow. Spectacular views on this fall day. Log bridges on Greeley Ponds need work. Some muddy spots but easy to get around. The steeps require patience up and down but there are plenty of sturdy tree handholds and foot “steps” on the big rocks and ledges.

Very nice but rocky trail. gorgeous views at top. muddy spots around the top. Pretty crowded.

lots of rocks for the first mile. good hike. nice flat top but it is rainy and cloudy so we didnt have any views

so after reading the previous reviews i was very hesitant about taking my 10 yr old daughter, but she went along for the hike( her first big hike) she did really good. I'd say the last half hr up and down was a little tough but she made. took us 2 1/2 hrs up and 3 hrs down. definitely worth it. had a great time. beautiful views. id say if you're bringing a child, definitely stress that fact that its hard to them. i did see a child being piggy backed by his dad, didnt seem like a good time or good idea. the hike is rated hard and I'd have to agree. but like i said, so worth it.

My favorite so far. Not the highest mountain, but still challenging. Amazing view . I prefer this type of peak bc it’s flat at the top so you can relax. My favorite view tho

great views, very enjoyable hike

Trail is challenging and fun with lots of twists and turns. Very well marked, no chance of getting lost. Can get a bit mundane due to lack of changing scenery throughout. All worth it and more when you reach the top. It’s definitely my favorite view from any mountaintop thus far. Absolutely spectacular!

Great hike with excellent views, especially atop Mt Osceola. No real view off East Osceola. Bit of a rocky trail to begin. Tones of dogs out on the trail. Great hike with great views.

We started from Tripoli Rd...It is very rocky, like big rocks so it was hard footing; parts of it we were on a 45 degree angle on solid rock, which I would imagine would be difficult on a wet day. Great views at the summitt. We continued to East Osceola which was pretty scary going down the 'chimney' with 2 young kids and a dog but was fun and challenging on the way back. A definite must do but I wouldn't hike it again from Tripoli...next time I'd start from the kankamangus

Lots of bugs. Agree with other reviews that counterclockwise is the way to go. Get the steeper section over first and enjoy and easier hike down. Nice little trail.

I came up from the kang side and I was expecting a moderate hike. I didn’t feel like the grade was moderate. Pretty challenging, but a great hike. Views on Osceola were fantastic.