Mount Osceola Trail

Mount Osceola Trail is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Breathtaking vistas of Kancamagus wilderness with a steep incline. This hike will bring you to the highest peaks of the Sandwich Range with good views to the east despite wooded summits This is a short but steep climb to get the tallest peak in the Sandwich Range and it's sister peak East Osceola. Although both summits are wooded there are ledges on the way up East and a viewpoint towards the east from Mt. Osceola. to get there you will take the Greely Pond Trail from the Kancamangus Highway to the Mt. Osceola trail which turns off to the west just before the ponds. NOTE: Price for parking on Tripoli Road has changed to $5.

Great hike with awesome views from Osceola. The trail is mostly switchbacks with a few tricky spots in between Osceola and East Osceola. Of course the chimney is difficult but it was one of the most memorable parts of the hike for us.

Great hike! Good view from the peak - dog friendly

One of the more remote 4000 footers of the Whites! It was lovely to not be able to hear a single car during our entire time on the trail. We started at Tripoli Road and then summited Osceola and East Osceola and back. The assent to Osceola is so pleasant—not too steep, great use of gentle switchbacks. I would call this hike "moderate" if not for the traverse between Osceola and East Osceola. Oh my!! We chose to go around the chimney going down, but coming back up the climbing was fun. The views aren't as great on East Osceola, but you do get a nice lookout towards Franconia Notch on the way there. Being extra careful because of a recent injury, 8.4 miles took us about 6.5 hrs, including breaks. Tripoli Road is ROUGH—one of the least maintained access roads I've seen. If you have the option of bringing a 4 wheel drive vehicle, I'd choose that. My Prius made it with no problems, however.

Pretty cool views and not as packed as some of the other trails in NH

Great hike, gorgeous view from Osceola; ascending the chimney was fun. Some potentially slippery footing on some wet rock and a bit of mud, but no serious issues.
Unfortunately left my cold steel knife on the Summit of Osceola (would love to get it back if anyone found it you could find me on FB)

This was my intro to NH 4K footers. It was very hard for me (out of shape) to keep pace with my fellow hikers, but the views from the top were amazing!

Wish I had poles, lots of boulder and stabilization required, especially on the way back down.

I don't remember seeing too many trail markers, but the path seemed clear.

Just hiked this trail yesterday with four other friends and all I have to say is... wow! It was a very positive experience. The climb up makes you work hard but getting to the top feels so rewarding. The views are worth it for sure! It took us about 3 hours to get up (which included several breaks) and about 2 or so hours to get down. This is the third mountain I've ever climbed so I'm definitely not very experienced, but if you push through it, you can do it. If you hike this trail you won't regret it. :)