Mount Morgan Trail

Mount Morgan Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Center Sandwich, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved this trail! About 2 hours each way. No part too steep to handle, loved the ladder route to the top. Incredible, incredible views of Squam and the White Mountains. I'd definitely recommend doing it in the fall.

This hike was beautiful! A steady incline with a few steep grades. I loved this hike, it is definitely a moderate trail. My counter part does not agree, he chose to pack an extremely heavy pack for his first time out. We took the Cliffs up, which I loved Just be advised there is a rock tunnel you must go through, we had to take our packs off to get through.

beautiful views! well worth it . we did the loop . It was awesome!

Loved the view

Absolutely gorgeous views at the top! Loved the rocks at the end after the ladder. Definitely go up that way!

A moderate hike with astonishing views from the summit. You can see all of Squam Lake and even past Winnipesaukee to the east and quite a ways south and north, too. We chose to go up the ladders and were glad we did. You have to scramble across some rock face from the ladders to the top but the rock had plenty of grip. I would be extra careful if the surface was wet.

Great hike! Definitely go up the ladders to the cliffs when you get to the top. The view of the lake is absolutely stunning!

This trail starts off as flat land and quickly starts to incline basically all the way to the top. It is also labeled as easy , I have done many "easy" hikes and this is not one of them. I didn't have any problem but for someone with little hiking experience it may be an issue. It also didn't help most of the trail was wet, so you had to find your way around certain areas. Also , it is labeled as a shorter walk on this site , when in reality is is over 2 miles . Took about an hour and a half to get up and an hour down. Prepare with water,good shoes and a snack. I would still recommend this hike to others because of the huge payoff at the top with an amazing view.

Monday, November 07, 2016

I definitely wouldn't rate this as an easy trail but still doable for the average person.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

I wouldn't necessarily call it easy, but it's easily doable and the view from the summit is ridiculous

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Awesome trail and amazing view.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Awesome trail! Would give it a little above easy but not quite medium difficultly. Deff be prepared to sweat and get a good work out!

Monday, August 08, 2016

This is definitely not an easy trail. We are experienced hikers and athletic people and this was a challenging hike. There were many steep sections with rocks and roots to scramble over. I would definitely rate this moderate to moderate/hard. The top view was gorgeous! It's also a 2.1 mile hike not 1.6.

Monday, July 25, 2016

it's a great hike , view is great need to do again when not raining

Monday, July 11, 2016

Wet. But then, it was raining.

Monday, April 25, 2016

We did the full loop going along the ridge and down Mount Percival.

I don't know if I would say this is easy or good for all ages. Some pretty steep parts and the ladders, as well as the rock climbing afterwards, can be a bit much for some. There is a trail that avoids the ladders.

Moving from the 2nd to the 3rd ladder can be somewhat scary for some.

Good views from the summit and the ladders, and crawling through the cave, is fun.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Great trail to run/hike up and down! It was great on the way down for a technical run with decent size rocks and steep moments as well. I can't wait to do this again! Plus, who doesn't love ladders!? :)

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Took the Boulder trail up and the beaver pond trail down. Very popular hike, but had these two trails mainly to myself.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Challenging at some points, but more enjoyable than anything. The ladders were fun and an interesting element you don't often find during a hike. Great views even on and overcast day.