Mount Moosilauke via Gorge Brook Trail

Mount Moosilauke via Gorge Brook Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Woodstock, New Hampshire that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from March until November.

I hiked this trail 10/26. It was a clear day with great visibility, around 32 degrees at the bottom, frigidly cold and windy at the top.

I would rate this as a fairly easy trail, especially for the Whites. Steady incline, with no scrambling. No snow at the bottom of the trail, but reached about 8-10 inches at the summit. It was beautiful to watch the change scenery as we ascended. Some frozen ice over rocks near the river, so use caution.Obviously, very windy at the top (bald summit) and frigidly cold.

I brought crampons, but didn't need them. Poles were extremely helpful on the way down as the snow can be slippery. I packed a lot of layers and was only a tiny bit uncomfortable at the top: base layer, smart wool mid layer, my Patagonia R1 Fleece Pullover, a warm puff jacket and windbreaker for the summit. Neck warmer, hat and gloves. I wasn't sure how to pack for this, so I brought more than less layers and I'm glad I did.I took a few off as we got going, the hike up I was pretty warm, but very glad I had them as we ascended.

It was a beautiful trail. I've never hiked around this time before and it was an incredible experience. I highly recommend!

Hiked this last weekend and was getting over a cold and a great trail since it’s not really difficult. Grades are moderate with a couple nice book crossings over bridges.

This particulate Sunday it had snowed at the higher elevations so that was a nice treat to see as the elevation changed and the snow that was there.

Views from the top were really clear and you could see some decent foliage in the valley. Our dog was psyched with the cool weather and absence of any rock scrambling. Windy at the top which made it a little cold. Just plan ahead with layers.

Sunday, October 22, 2017