Learn more

Mount Monadnock via White Cross and Lost Farm Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(30)
Monadnock State Park

Mount Monadnock via White Cross and Lost Farm Trail Loop is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,761 feet Route Type: Loop

Notice: In response to COVID-19, NH State Parks will be utilizing our online day use reservation system at Monadnock State Park. Visitors must make a reservation prior to arrival at the park and visitors who do not make a reservation, will be turned away. When planning a visit, reservations must be made prior to the arrival and no later than 9am the day of your visit. Please plan ahead in the event the parking areas reach capacity. See the park website for more info: https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/monadnock-state-park

Very buggy, lots of mosquito bites, we took white dot to white cross up, moderately challenging, many breaks. Took white arrow down, went too far and ended up having to cross over on DoDrop trail (VERY STEEP, we did it uphill unfortunately), semi well marked, we did get thrown off course twice Found cliff walk and finally lost farm trail which brought us back to base.

icy

What a workout! Definitely a difficult trail. Great views.

Great route to avoid Monadnock crowds. Lost Farm Trail and Cliff Walk are under appreciated. Great occasional views from Cliff Walk. Very little ice in mid April.

Takes the longer way up but avoids the crowds and offers great views before the top. Bit of a rocky climb at times but I find that fun.

Tue May 28 2019

Pretty buggy, but a great view at the end. If you’re new to hiking like I am, it’d be a good idea to go on this trail with an experienced hiker

Tue May 21 2019

Good trail. Very buggy. would recommend even though my friend fell of of a small cliff. Good views. not many people

Tue May 21 2019

The trails were nice even though my friend fell into the river, another fell off a mini cliff, and I swallowed 13 Black flies. Other than that the views were fascinating, the rangers were only at the beginning , but helpful, and I got to yell "HI" to a group on a cliff. Even though it wasn't the most awesome trip it kept me laughing and I didn't even hurt myself.(That's a lie!! =) ) =) =)

Mon May 20 2019

The trail was really fun, but the day that we hiked was very buggy, on the way up. At the very beginning of the hike, there was a broken bridge across a stream, and we were forced to cross on the rocks. one person in our group slipped on one of the rocks, and her boots, got soaked through for the whole hike. We ate lunch at Bald Rock, where there was an amazing view. And the way down was really nice.

Mon May 20 2019

Lost Farm trail had very steep parts to it but it was very buggy and there was a good amount of mud. The views were breathtaking and the bugs were well worth the pride and accomplishment in making it to Bald Rock. The ranger didn't warn us about a broken bridge so we were forced to cross over a rushing stream which my friend fell in knee high. overall, this was a very fun hike and great for a family.

Sun Oct 21 2018

Amazing! Really good for my first time hiking!