Mount Major and Mount Anna Trail

Mount Major and Mount Anna Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alton Bay, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail was beautiful, and consistently challenging. It was a reminder to me that All Trail’s scale for easy / moderate / hard is inconsistent. I’ve taken ‘hard’ ones I found easier than this. That being said, loved every minute of it.

Loved this trail! Views from the summit are amazing!

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Great Trip. We saved Mount Major for last as it had the best views by far. It was also the busiest. Mount Anna had no views but helped fill out mileage. Got to the parking lot early (8am) and parked near the trail head. When we left, cars were parked 1/2 mile away.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Great views at the top. Worth the visit

Friday, June 02, 2017

I've been in the area since Sunday and hiked every day. The sun was out today so I decided to go up for the view. I took the orange route up and the blue route down. The blue route could use a refresher in the trail markers.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Went up the main blue trail and down the orange; challenging climb up but the views were so worth it! Dog loved it. Best to do once the snow fully melts; Tried to third in early spring but the snow melt made the trail too muddy with rivers to get up there.

Friday, May 19, 2017

This hike is the closest to where we live as the more difficult ones are further out. It's a great moderate hike, never gets too steep, but isn't a simple walk up either. There are several different trails to choose from heading up. Views at the top are amazing, large area to walk around. Typically pretty busy however. Lots of dogs.