Mount Major and Brook Trail Loop

Mount Major and Brook Trail Loop is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alton Bay, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

20 minutes ago

Absolutely gorgeous views at the top! I hiked with my dog and we had a great ascent, albeit definitely a bit more challenging than expected with the "easy" categorization! Lovely day, and my dog appreciated cooling off in the couple streams along the blue and yellow trails on the way up.

we did it back to back. up and down twice in the same day. OUTSTANDING!!

Blue trail. Very doable for family, did it with a 5 and 7 year old.

Perfect hike for those who aren't of vigorous stamina but want to push themselves, IMO! The trail is easy but of a decent length with a super rewarding view.

*I am a tall and heavy guy so this post is biased based on my rather subpar fitness*

Did this trail today in nearly 2 hr 15 mins with 10 mins spent at the top. Overall nice trail. I took the blue trail up which starts off easy but suddenly turns steep about halfway up. The last half of the blue trail was difficult for me going up. I took yellow trail down which was much more manageable.

I did find the trail challenging given my fitness level but this trail was still doable for me. Anyone in good shape would find this rather unchallenging.

Lots of fun. Will get crowded if you don't get there early enough. No trail maps at base due to very limited trail options and well marked trails. Pull up the map on your smart phone here: https://www.gunstock.com/upload/photos/222Two-sided_Map_1_23_13.pdf

Lovely panoramic view of lakes. Tougher hike than easy. Windy at the top, worth the hike.