Mount Major and Brook Trail Loop is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alton Bay, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Really liked this hike! It was crowded when we started in the afternoon on a weekend. We had to park on the main road outside the parking lot and saw a ton of people on the trail. The hike was challenging but the views at the top were great!

Wife and I climbed Mt Major this morning. A beautiful day to be outdoors. Temps were in the Low 40’s with sunshine. Wind made it a little chilly at the summit. Always remember, there’s no such thing as bad weather. Just poor choices in clothing:). Took us 1.5 hours up and 1 hour down. Recommend some sort of traction cleats or crampons as well as trekking poles. Approximately 6 to 8 inches of snow throughout most of the hike. A little slippery coming down the blue trail. All in all a very blessed day.

Great day hike and close to home.

Great day for a hike:) Mount Major did not disappoint!

Hiked the boulder loop and brook trail today. It was beautiful and the foot traffic was very light. weekdays seem to be an ideal time to hike Mt Major. The summit was freezing and windy, but the fall colors were still beautiful.

One of the best hikes in the Lake area. It is definitely more on the easy side, but it offers breathtaking views of the surrounding lakes with minimal effort.

Took the yellow trail up which was awesome for the dog lots of flowing water and big rocks to make it easy to climb up. After reaching the summit looped back down on blue, which was shorter but much steeper with a lot of smooth rock. To say the least it was not as enjoyable back down but the way up was great

Beautiful views for minimal effort. Don't expect any challenge unless you are a very new hiker, the trail should be rated as easy. Gorgeous though!

I was honestly not as impressed with this hike as I thought I would be. We took the blue trail up, which was slightly steep but was also pretty slick on the rock parts. We went down the yellow trail which was either all mud or flowing water. Towards the end of the hike there were crowds of people starting up the trail. The view at the top was awesome and worth it since the hike was decently short and easy but not as difficult as I expected

Very good trail for hiker enthusiasts. Semi difficulties at some rocky spots. The view on the top is amazing. Will do again

Really pretty hike, great views. Any age can climb. Takes about 1.5-3 hours.

Great views from the top and a few spots on the way. We went up the blue trail and came back the yellow. Very crowded in the lot but not terrible on the trail. Assent was rockier and more difficult than I anticipated but loved it and totally worth it.

Ahhh what an amazing view at the top! This hike is a must! We went up the blue trail which was pretty rocky but made it interesting and on the way down we went with the yellow trail which was way more relaxed, not rocky at all, it follows a pretty stream down (definitely easier in your knees)! The loop took us 3 hrs with some time at the top. I wouldn’t recommend hiking this with a baby on your back unless you did strictly the yellow trail... after hiking all season with my child I was glad I didn’t have her for this one. Overall very nice hike... fall time is busy but we went early enough where we didn’t really get stuck in any crowds... however when we got back to the parking lot it was full along with each side of the road with cars for about a mile - it was crazy!

Great hike up on the blue trail. Beautiful views of the lake from summit. Yellow trail down was more gentle on the knees. What a day spent with ling-time friends

Beautiful views

Stunning view

Great views.

Amazing view. Moderate hiking.

Such a fun and manageable hike! Definitely recommend going up the blue an down the yellow, because the blue gets a little steep at the top! Such gorgeous views at the summit!!

Beautiful views from the top!!! Climb was OK, not too difficult and not too exciting. We did it VERY slowly - 4hrs (instead of what it should have taken 2hrs) total with 1.5hr of rest on the top and in between as one of us had injured ankle the day before on the other trail. Lots of people on the trail, but it didn't bother us, mostly young people, one group were likely professional dancers who once reached to the top played music and danced. That was kind of cool. Did it counterclock.

Beautiful View

very fun trail with great views. Crowded, but then again, the best ones are.

we did the blue trail up, yellow down in about 2 hours including lunch at the top. It was a great hike with beautiful views and my dogs are now exhausted.

I did yellow trail up, blue trail down. The yellow trail was a perfect level of difficulty. The summit was beautiful. I went on a 90 degree sunny day so I did not stay up top for long, but it would be a great summit to have lunch and stay awhile. The blue trail down was very steep. The hikers who were walking up it were some of the most soaked with sweat, panting people I've seen lately. Entire trail is well marked and it's basically impossible to get off trail.

Very little effort for great views!

Took the blue trail up, yellow down. Roundtrip took about 2 hours with beautiful views @ the top of the mountain. Mostly in the woods until the last 5-10mi s. Blue is steep as you get above the tree line with rocks but plenty of young children and dogs on the path so not too strenuous.

It was a nice quick run. It was hard going up the face(blue trail), but I was able to run 90% of it. I went up blue and came down yellow. Next time I will go yellow both ways.

Definitely doable, a couple of bold rock areas on the way up but nothing too difficult. We went up Blue and down Yellow, which was entertaining as Blue includes more climbing, and Yellow is more relaxed, with many streams and beautiful forest. When you go up Blue you’ll enjoy a couple of open rock spots with AMAZING lake views, so don’t miss an opportunity for a great picture! Summit is bold and has a lot of space for everyone, so take some food for a nice picnic. Good luck and enjoy the stunning views!