Mount Madison

Mount Madison is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berlin, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Started on valley way then crossed over to Watson. Watson is definitely a leg killer and you come across a few false summits while hiking up some boulders/rocky areas but overall, it was amazing.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Friday, September 16, 2016

As a moderate hiker, I really had to train ahead of time to complete this one. It was difficult and long. Stayed at the summit for only about 10 minutes and the weather was incredible. It went from clouds to rain to rainbow to sun all within a few minutes. Absolutely incredible! A view and experience I won't forget.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Took the less-traveled Howker Ridge path up to Madison on this day. Spent most of the time above tree line. doesn't get better than that! Howker ridge to valley way back to Appalachia lot took us 8 hours

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Monday, August 24, 2015

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Great hike. Very challenging. Also completed Mount Adams after. Total of a little over 8 hours.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Monday, April 22, 2013

We did this trail in February of 2013. The wind was steady at about 40mph and the temp was around -10f. When we broke tree line and made it to the hut we changed into warmer clothes and headed back down. We couldn't summit- this trail was a lot harder than anticipated.

Friday, December 07, 2012

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The day started off well...partly cloudy & warm. By the time my son and I had gotten close to tree line, it was threatening rain and blowing a bit. We bagged the peak around 11:00 AM and went on down to the AMC hut as the rain started. We got some soup to go with our lunch & waited to see if if would stop raining. We struck out for Mount Adams but the rain increase so we decided to head back to camp. Relying on memory, we took a wrong turn and headed down a trail which eventually led us back to camp only via a different, more difficult route. I checked it out in my AMC guide the next morning...it said, "do not attempt ascending this trail in the rain; do not attempt this trail with a heavy pack; do not attempt to descend via this trail." We descended the trail with moderately heavy packs in what turned out to be heavy rain. Would I do the trail again? You betcha!!