Mount Kearsarge North

Mount Kearsarge North is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It's above moderate I think. It took us 2h15min to get to the top and 1h50min back. It's very steep. It was a cloudy day, so we didnt enjoy ghe view. Unfortunatelly.

This trail should be rated somewhat above moderate because of its steepness. It took us about 3 hours to get to the top. There's also a lot of rock to climb and not much to view on the way up. The view at the top is worth it though!

Great hike, 360 degree views, cool lunch spot at the top, tower is in great shape

The trail is amazing,but I would definitely not consider it a moderate challenge, it was a very steep,long hike with quite a few slippery and sometimes hairy spots. Our family is new at hiking and this was not the best to start with,it took us six hours to go up and down, thankfully we had plenty of water and food and we did it early in the day. And oy were we tired and soar, but we were also incredibly proud we did it. the views are out of this world and the fire tower is very cool at the top!.

Very nice hike. Overall rating of moderate is reasonable, as long as people note the 1000 ft/mile rate of climb for the last 2 miles-- not a great choice for those who are less physically active. I would give five stars but for the fact that scenic vistas are few until you reach the very top. My daughter and I are of moderate fitness and took three hours to reach the top, two hours to descend.

The view at the top is an excellent reward for the effort, a full 360 degree panorama from a well maintained and enclosed watchtower structure, protected from the brisk wind we encountered at the top.

I hope to do this hike again at some point.

Great hike! A little strenuous in places but not too bad, my diet & regular exercise is paying off bigtime here. Definitely not easy for a 48 y/o fat guy, though LOL.

The trail is well marked, as others have said the incline is moderate till about 2 miles up. Looking at the topo map you still have about half your elevation to climb when you reach the ledges, so be prepared. Before too long, though, you'll see the observation tower and within a few minutes you'll be there.

It had rained overnight so the rocks were wet, and the humidity kept them from drying quickly except where they were in direct sun. Vibram-soled shoes should have no problem (mine didn't) but I heard & saw a few people skidding. There's almost always a dry path to either side; when there isn't careful foot placement works. Same as everywhere else, really.

A large puddle in the rocks held hundreds of tadpoles, hopefully the rain keeps up so it doesn't dry out while they're still in there.

The descent took almost as long as the ascent, with almost half the time taken up making it down to the ledge. After that it went pretty smoothly to the trailhead.

I definitely want to snowshoe it this winter! It looks like spikes will be a necessity when you get nearer the summit, where the rocks are too steep for snowshoes.

Good trail, various terrains, not too technical - only on some small path - steady elevation, which is good.
The view is spectacular which makes it a good ratio effort/view.