Mount Kearsarge North

Mount Kearsarge North is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

19 minutes ago

Solid trail. Lots of awesome dogs. Great views from summit.

The challenge with these "moderate" ratings is that the Lonesome Lake Trail, the Sugarloafs and Mt Kearsarge north are all "moderate." Kearsarge is significantly harder than the other two. Significantly, I tell you, my friends. Some places have Kearsarge listed as moderate side of difficult. There are a few places where the trail evens out and is flat for a minute or two- a welcome break. Other than that, besides a gradual beginning, this hike gets steeper and steeper. It's pretty rocky and rooty, as well. The 360 views at the top are awesome. As I was standing on the top, clouds were blowing through me! The enclosed fire tower is great for windy and cold weather. There is also an outdoor toilet at the top with a great view. I personally wouldn't do this hike if it was wet because going up and down the rock slab would be tough for me, very slippery. I felt that the really good views were at the top. You have a few obstructed by tree views on the way.

It's above moderate I think. It took us 2h15min to get to the top and 1h50min back. It's very steep. It was a cloudy day, so we didnt enjoy ghe view. Unfortunatelly.

This trail should be rated somewhat above moderate because of its steepness. It took us about 3 hours to get to the top. There's also a lot of rock to climb and not much to view on the way up. The view at the top is worth it though!

Great hike, 360 degree views, cool lunch spot at the top, tower is in great shape

The trail is amazing,but I would definitely not consider it a moderate challenge, it was a very steep,long hike with quite a few slippery and sometimes hairy spots. Our family is new at hiking and this was not the best to start with,it took us six hours to go up and down, thankfully we had plenty of water and food and we did it early in the day. And oy were we tired and soar, but we were also incredibly proud we did it. the views are out of this world and the fire tower is very cool at the top!.