Mount Kearsarge North is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 2,536 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This was way more hard than I anticipated. I will say be careful coming down. there is a section that looks like the trail goes right but it goes left. Annie, I believe we passed on the trail today. It is impossible to give 6ft to walk pass someone. If you are that scared of COVID-19 then just stay home quarantined.

This was my first NH hike of the season. Yikes! Coming from someone who has hiked 21/48 of the 4000 footers, this a challenging hike - don’t let the elevation fool you. Took me 5 hours including 30 minutes at the summit. Lots of bugs for the first 1.5 miles so don’t forget your spray. Just a few very small monorails and some mud near the summit but it was all very manageable without any additional gear. The summit and fire tower were beautiful. Quiet trail when I hiked on Tuesday 5/26. The trail is narrow in many places, making social distancing challenging when passing other hikers. Just be cautious and considerate of others.

icy

Solid season opener mountain, though we were in the clouds at the summit. On a sunny day, there is an incredible 360-degree view of Franconia Ridge, Washington, other mountains. But it was still a good hike. Patches of ice that were only sketchy at one point; I had my spikes but they got a free ride because the ice and snow patches weren’t worth stopping to put them on.

Lit bool vibes many laughter and kindlage of herbal in high dom tow tow

This was an amazing hike! It was somewhat challenging with lots of steep uphill stretches, but it was worth it for the views! Took us about 2 hours to get to the top with plenty of short stops along the way

Felt like it was straight up! But the view was well worth it at the end! Some ice near the top. Black flies really annoying when you stop! Have to keep moving! A beautiful trail!

Great trail and amazing view up top. Did with my dog and no need for spikes or poles, basically all of the snow is melted away. Have fun out there!

minimal snow left today. Bugs were only bad at the bottom. Amazing hike and views of the white mountains!

icy

A little snow and ice 0.5 miles from the top! No spikes necessary, but poles greatly help. The top is also very wet and tough to navigate in some places, but manageable with careful foot placement. Overall, 10/10 view and one of the greatest and most convenient hikes in the White Mountains.

Great hike! Well maintained trail. No snow for majority of trail. Definitely pack spikes for the last half mile or so- lots of ice and some steep slippery slopes. Awesome 360 views from the summit! Black flies are just starting to come out at the lowest elevations- pack the bug spray.

icy

Beautiful trail! Still quite a bit of packed snow and ice for that last 3/4 mile. Bring your spikes! Amazing views of the presidents from the fire tower. Took us 4 hours 20 minutes with a few stops and a snack at the summit.

icy

I was skeptical that this could be “one of the best views in the whites” as I read, but it really is. Well worth the hike. Glad we went early in the season before the hordes arrive, given it’s proximity to Conway. First car in the lot at 6:30, but it was overflowing when we returned. Spent a while at the top, it’s a really nice spot, perfect on this incredible day. Ice/snow starts at about 1/2 mile from top. By 1/3 mile from top we put spikes on as it became unavoidable. Couple gnarly spots that would be difficult without traction. Plenty of room on this trail to properly space from people.

icy

Awesome hike! Still a bit of snow/ice that last 3/4 mile and some steep spots, but with spikes it’s fine. I did it with my dog and he loved it. An amazing view at the top! I found a spike someone dropped and put it on the sign at the entrance.

Great hike, still lots of packed snow and ice for the last 3/4 mile to summit. Beautiful views

Great trail with a little bit of everything....soft, roots, ledge, ICE! The last mile was packed snow/ice. We really should have had micro spikes. Summit was spectacular! Got to trailhead at 10:30 on a Thursday and we were the first car. Only saw one group on our way down. Surprisingly quiet.

icy

Hiked Kearsage today, 5/2/20. Arrived at trailhead 8:45 and didn’t see anyone else until our decent around 11am. First time on this mountain. Conditions were great starting out but we expected wind and knew there may be ice and snow. Trail was awesome. An hour in we reached ledges and they were went and slippery. At higher elevation, much cooler, snow packed trail with ice. Not a problem but glad we had hiking poles. One very tricky part. Hour and 45 to summit. Best views of The Presidentials. The fire tower is awesome. The J boys.

flooded