Mount Jackson Trail

Mount Jackson Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Good Hike. Icy in November. Our dogs couldn't make it to the summit, but they are larger and a bit clumsy. This was mainly due to the ice. Great views at the summit! Worth it. Definitely not an easy hike, but it was manageable.

Yet another spectacular White Mountain, Presidential hike. Last hiked it on September 23, 2000. Parked on 302 and took Webster-Jackson Trail from Crawford Notch to Mount Jackson, then Webster Cliff Trail to Mount Webster, and finished the loop with Webster-Jackson Trail to bottom. Drove to parking lot across from sign that reads, “Mt. Washington State Park via Cog Railway 4 miles.” Trailhead for Webster-Jackson Trail located on East side of Route 302 between above-mentioned sign and another sign that reads, “AMC Crawford Notch Info 1000 feet Seasonal.” Watch for a bleached wooden post about 6 feet high with a small sign having no message on it. Started hike at 12:30 p.m. on Webster-Jackson Trail and reached the peak of Mt. Jackson at 1:45 p.m. View from top excellent. Took Webster Cliff Trail from peak of Mt. Jackson over to Mt. Webster and arrived on peak of Mt. Webster at 2:30 p.m. Peak was .1 miles beyond junction between Webster-Jackon Trail and Webster Cliff Trail. Peak of Mt. Webster is spectacular, cliffs. View from cliffs of Route 302 area. Returned .1 miles to junction and took Webster-Jackson Trail from top of Mt. Webster towards Silver Cascades arrow on sign. Beautiful waterfall and pool on way down Webster-Jackson Trail before it meets with junction of Webster-Jackson TraiI took on the way up. Reached junction to repeat trail to the road at 3:15 p.m. Reached Route 302 at 3:50 p.m.

I did this hike today. The scrambling near the top was a bit difficult for me. I then went over to mount Webster and came down that way. definitely a hard decent for my knees..but so glad I went, views absolutely amazing!

Interesting trail with stream crossing, large rocks throughout and technical rock climbing for a good section at the top. Dogs needed a boost up several steep rock areas. Not to be taken lightly.

Completed this hike on 9/01/2017. The day started out quite cold at the base and was VERY windy at the summit. Some areas are a bit of a workout as expected with a Presidential Range 4k. Summit views are great Expected to descend via Webster Cliff however I was a bit under the weather that day and chose cut the day short and go back out the way I came.

Challenging for my first 4000 footer. I'm glad I did it. The top is a scramble Up rocks. Hard scramble for the dogs, we had to pick them up at times. Our dogs are bigger and younger, but they made it!! 40 degrees at the top with 40 mph wind gusts so we didn't stay long. The views were spectacular! Panoramic. The venture down was rocky, rooty, and steep. Watch your step.

Now I know I can do the other 47!

Fairly easy 4K footer. Took the Webster-Jackson Trail up to the summit, which is quite exposed (and therefore very windy/chilly). On the way down, we opted to add a little mileage by taking the Webster Cliff Trail to the Mizpah Cutoff and Crawford Path. Easier descent, and you'll pass right by the Mizpah Spring Hut, which is a great place to stop and have lunch.

Great hike, the bog near the summit is beautiful. The trail crew people are fun. Awesome views. It stormed on our way down, the rocks were slippery and it was muddy.