Mount Jackson Trail

Mount Jackson Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Completed this hike on 9/01/2017. The day started out quite cold at the base and was VERY windy at the summit. Some areas are a bit of a workout as expected with a Presidential Range 4k. Summit views are great Expected to descend via Webster Cliff however I was a bit under the weather that day and chose cut the day short and go back out the way I came.

Challenging for my first 4000 footer. I'm glad I did it. The top is a scramble Up rocks. Hard scramble for the dogs, we had to pick them up at times. Our dogs are bigger and younger, but they made it!! 40 degrees at the top with 40 mph wind gusts so we didn't stay long. The views were spectacular! Panoramic. The venture down was rocky, rooty, and steep. Watch your step.

Now I know I can do the other 47!

Fairly easy 4K footer. Took the Webster-Jackson Trail up to the summit, which is quite exposed (and therefore very windy/chilly). On the way down, we opted to add a little mileage by taking the Webster Cliff Trail to the Mizpah Cutoff and Crawford Path. Easier descent, and you'll pass right by the Mizpah Spring Hut, which is a great place to stop and have lunch.

Great hike, the bog near the summit is beautiful. The trail crew people are fun. Awesome views. It stormed on our way down, the rocks were slippery and it was muddy.

nice scenic trail and would recommend. a few lookouts and nice 360 view at top. a little rock climbing at top so be prepared.

A wonderfully challenging hike for my first 4,000 footer! Lots of rock scrambling. The views from the top were absolutely stunning and having options for our decent made it all the more adventurous and inspiring. We ended up taking Webster Cliff to the Mizpah Cutoff and heading down Crawford Path to get back to Rt 302. If you're feeling saucy, hang a right up Crawford Path and bag Mt. Pierce while you're at it before heading back down. :) It would add 1.6 additional miles to be overall hike.

Great hike for all levels! Not too steep and a moderate rise in elevation throughout the hike. Beware of wet conditions.