Mount Jackson Trail

Mount Jackson Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

What a hike! It was in the 60s lower 70s and had a lot of clouds! Honestly the weather made it cool and no rain, the trail was still very slippery though. Lots of little waterfalls, well marked with blue. Towards the top was extremely steep with rock scrambles but when I got to the top it was well worth this scary experience. Gorgeous views for miles from every angle! Definitely one of the most gorgeous mountains. Would not recommend in bad weather, and if you are scared of physically climbing up to the summit although doable.

Ascended Webster to Jackson. Wonderful hike. First mile is moderate/easy the last 1.5 mile to Webster summit is moderate/slightly hard. Right at the split of Jackson and Webster there is a BEAUTIFUL waterfall. My new favorite hike in NH now! The walk from Webster to Jackson is very nice easy stroll but once you get close you have to do some crawling/climbing. So nice and quiet. The trail was decently wet so at least in the fall I highly recommend boots that are at least slightly water resistant.

Loved this hike!! Considering I did this the day after mount chocorua, It was not difficult,I think moderate is fair. there was a light amount of snow, a good balance of ups and downs, and the scrambling was lots of fun. I had to put my spikes on 100-150ft before the summit. I will definitely do this hike again!

Great trail! Plenty of ups and downs for the first half. Then it turns into just up with the last bit getting pretty steep. Lots of rocks so I would not do this trail in bad weather. Could get slippery, especially scrambling over the rock at the top. Beautiful 360 degree views at the top. Will do this again when I am not pressed for time and can do the whole loop.

This was a great vista at the top w stunning views. The hike had good cover but was pretty wet post rain. A bit more technical than we expected w lots of rocks to climb over. The trip was 2.6 each way.

Amazing! Very beautiful trail with large rocks, lots of moss, a lot of streams and some fun scrambling.

Excellent, excellent trail! This was my first 4,000 footer, and it was brilliant. I'd definitely consider this trail "moderate", and caution the casual hiker to it's more difficult parts. There are unexpected rock scrambles that are a bit more like rock climbing, but are SO. MUCH. FUN. They're a challenge that allows you to push yourself, but not beyond your ability or comfort zone. And the view at the top, oh yes, so worth it.

We did this in about two hours each way, both of us pretty fit, and a decent pace with only a couple of breaks.

We had a little trouble finding the trail head, so if you're looking for it, it's best to park at a little pull off area near the Crawford Notch Depot. Across the road is the trail head, well hidden.

Definitely do this trail. And then don't be surprised if it becomes your favourite.