Mount Hale via Hale Brook Trail

Mount Hale via Hale Brook Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bethlehem, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This peak has a large pile of rocks at the top clearly marking the summit. The top of this peak has experienced some tree growth which unfortunately has blocked a lot of the great views. Perhaps if you climb on top of the massive pile of rocks that mark the summit you'll be able to see more of the surrounding White Mountains. The trail up is steep but enjoyable.

Well maintained and relatively easy 4000 footer, not much for views but lovely Christmas tree forest up top. Balsam scented trails always nice.

nice easy hike. very peaceful and not crowded due to lack of views. would recommend if u only have 3-4 hrs and want to do a 4k.

Solid trail blazing made for a relatively easy hike. No views except for a slight view through some trees about a quarter mile from the summit clearing. Switchbacks during the middle of the ascent were nice places for a breather. If possible, try to hike past Mt. Hale to Mt. Zealand to make your trip to the White Mountains a little more worth while. 4.4 miles for a hike without a view is not exactly something to write home about.

great hike, no real view on top but very pretty on the way up. very slippery on the way down.

It was a great hike with some scenic outlooks but with so many beautiful hikes in NH not sure I would do it again.

No view from top. Warning you now. Trail pretty moderate though.

Crossed another 48 off the list. I knew this was a wooded summit ahead of time so I was prepared for "disappointment". I will say I underestimated this trail when I saw how short it was. It begins the steady incline pretty quickly and while it is gradual it doesn't let up too much. I will say despite not having a great view at the top the trail itself is beautiful and feels very much like a rainforest and you can almost hear the brook throughout the entire hike. It is a very wet trail and footing can be questionable as a lot of the rocks are rather smooth and the tree roots aren't any better. The way up was easy the way down required extra caution because of the slippery areas. You know you are close to the summit when the trail narrows significantly and it almost feels like you are bushwacking. Around these narrow spots if you look to your left or slightly behind you can see some mountains through the trees. The summit has a very large clearing with a massive rock cairn which is impressive and made up for the lack of an outlook. It was very warm when we hiked this and no breeze so we snapped our picture and started to head back. Bug Spray, don't forget it or this will definitely be a horrible experience.

We started at 6am on 7.16.17 we got to the summit at 7:49am (White Mountain Guide book states 2 hrs 15min) we were back to our car at just before 10am. We had a decent pace and still stopped to take pictures and video

We did come across frogs and a lot of slugs which are typically a bright orange and easily avoidable so be sure to watch your step to not kill any of these ☺

Side note, I bring small trash bags with me to pack my trash out and along the way I pick up trash I see. While you don't have to it is a nice thing to do to keep these trails clean and beautiful.