Mount Garfield Trail

Mount Garfield Trail is a 9.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bethlehem, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great up and down on an early winter day
Brown at the bottom 12” at the top great views no wind
Have heard some do this in the winter and then ski down from the ridge intersection. Now that’s how to do it !

definitely challenging, for my first 4000 ft peak in the White Mountains it definitely pushed me and I was thankful for the amazing view at the finish. Would love to do again.

Great fall hike. my- gps came in at 10.2 miles from the parking lot. Nice gradual hike up to the summit except the last push which makes you work for the view, but it's totally worth it. The views are spectacular with 360 degrees of viewing. Breezy at the top but we found a spot protected from the wind on the far side. The descent seemed long but I was tired. Definately worth coming back to this one.

Great hike, just really tired at the end of an almost 10-mile trail. Moderate hike in terms of effort, but the views were stunning. Stayed up on top for almost an hour sitting against the foundation of the old fire tire. We were protected from the wind and actually got to enjoy our entire lunch we lugged up. Got a lot of motivation from a woman ahead of us backpacking her young son (looked to be about 2-years-old) all the way up. Well marked trail, however, when leaving the summit of Garfield, make sure you choose the right trail down as there are two off the top: 1 leading back down to the parking lot of Garfield, and 1 leading over to Mt. Lafayette and neither of them are marked. Choose carefully when making your descent. That said, we had the trail mostly to ourselves going up which was so unexpected. The views were just beautiful. We took our time, stopping often to catch our breath, and still made it up in just under 2.5 hours. Unfortunately the trip down took us just as long. But the hike was well worth the effort.

Great moderate 4000 footer, gray Jay greeted me at summit looking for lunch that I gave him right out of my palm. Beautiful views of the Pemi loop.

Very beautiful view up top! Gradual elevation and a bit of rock scrambling the last 0.2 miles.

I loved this trail! It was long but not very steep I felt like I could actually enjoy the trail on my way up, the trail was pretty cool itself and the views from the summit are spectacular! Normally I feel like I have to bust my butt for the good views so it was nice to have a milder trail with a great summit! We started hiking by 9:00 and were back at the car by 3:30 with an hour break at the summit enjoying a little catnap in the sunshine.

Great trail, moderate most of the way so easy on knees. Too cloudy for much of a view but great anyway. With dog.

Loved this hike. The last .2 were a little steep, but the views from the top were amazing.

It rained heavily the night before and had to do three water crossings. Overall the the trail had lots of water coming down. Feet were wet, but it was completely worth it! Moderate hike, steady incline all the way up and last .2 miles are steep.

except for the last 0.2 miles, it's pretty easy going.

To start, this should be a "hard" not "moderate" hike. The other reviews are misleading because the trail to the top is very strenuous. It is 4.8 miles up hill. The last 2.5 miles are all rock. The last .2 miles require you to use hands a feet to pull your way up the mountain. Climbing back down is equally difficult with the number of rocks . While the trail is a great all day hike, it is not for kids or people that don't hike regularly. Beautiful summit that's worth the effort, but if you're not up for it you'll likely never see it.

Great fun. Hiked with dog and my 7 yo stepson Wear good hiking boots !!! Little muddy and still snow around the summit in mid may

Sunday, November 27, 2016

As my second Mountain this was the hardest obviously. At 4,500 feet the 4.5 mile trail was short but very rocky and uphill, stopped a lot but probably one of the easier 4000footers I'm sure.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Gorgeous, very easy 4.8 miles to the junction of Garfield Ridge. A short, strenuous .2 miles to one of the most brilliant summits out there. Nothing short of a perfect day-hike for all abilities, as long as you have the right clothing and foot gear!