Mount Garfield Trail

Mount Garfield Trail is a 9.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bethlehem, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike, just really tired at the end of an almost 10-mile trail. Moderate hike in terms of effort, but the views were stunning. Stayed up on top for almost an hour sitting against the foundation of the old fire tire. We were protected from the wind and actually got to enjoy our entire lunch we lugged up. Got a lot of motivation from a woman ahead of us backpacking her young son (looked to be about 2-years-old) all the way up. Well marked trail, however, when leaving the summit of Garfield, make sure you choose the right trail down as there are two off the top: 1 leading back down to the parking lot of Garfield, and 1 leading over to Mt. Lafayette and neither of them are marked. Choose carefully when making your descent. That said, we had the trail mostly to ourselves going up which was so unexpected. The views were just beautiful. We took our time, stopping often to catch our breath, and still made it up in just under 2.5 hours. Unfortunately the trip down took us just as long. But the hike was well worth the effort.

Great moderate 4000 footer, gray Jay greeted me at summit looking for lunch that I gave him right out of my palm. Beautiful views of the Pemi loop.

Very beautiful view up top! Gradual elevation and a bit of rock scrambling the last 0.2 miles.

I loved this trail! It was long but not very steep I felt like I could actually enjoy the trail on my way up, the trail was pretty cool itself and the views from the summit are spectacular! Normally I feel like I have to bust my butt for the good views so it was nice to have a milder trail with a great summit! We started hiking by 9:00 and were back at the car by 3:30 with an hour break at the summit enjoying a little catnap in the sunshine.