Mount Gardner Lone Oak Trail

Mount Gardner Lone Oak Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Woodsville, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice quick hike that is not difficult. It's a nice walk in the woods and a lovely view of Wells River and Woodsville when you get to the top. We saw no other people. Peaceful!

A great hike for kids and dogs. The only exception is the top. There is a pretty steep cliff area, not too much room to sit (worrysome with little kids). We hiked with our 4 and 6 year olds who did awesome! We only saw 1 other group of people, so very quiet hike.
My only complaint is that the trail map on this site did not match the very well marked trail. We had no problem finding our way though, the trail is marked perfectly.

What an amazing view!

Awesome trail jest kinda hard to see the view due to the trees but had an amazing time with my family

Nice trail but disappointed it just ended in a bunch of trees . There was no meadow or view or any decent expectation after hiking mostly uphill on this trail. Everyone writes about a view ; what view? I followed the blue markings and there was no view.. ?

Great view of Woodsville and Wells River! Short trail but crazy steep.

Great views at the top. Pretty steep so not sure I'd call it easy. Very cool its right in town. I'd definitely hike it again.

lovely view at the top but steep and hard going for someone who is out of shape.

Very picturesque trails.

Wow! Great view from the top! We saw several flowers, 2 toads, and lots of birds. Had a short conversation with a Pine Warbler. The switchbacks are a bit slippery with leaves all over the trail, so be careful.

Just .8 of a mile one way, but it was steep. Was my first hike of the year so maybe a bit out of shape

I absolutely love this hike! It's one of my all-time favorites with an amazing view!! Did it 5 times last year! :)

not a bad hike at all.. a large tree has fallen across the trail in one spot but high enough off the ground to go under

Used to hike this as a kid, great hike! Although, yes, it's labeled "easy", but there are a few steep spots. They changed the last part of the trail within the last year, the trail now zigzags making the last hill a little less brutal to get up.

Monday, November 21, 2016