Mount Crawford Trail

Mount Crawford Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We are fairly active and have been hiking only since 2014 and mostly only in the fall. This one was tough but we loved it. It was steep and rocky. I have issues with heights and wide open edges. I am also not very confident yet with some rock scramble. This trail even though steep did not bother me. Will definitely do this again! Oh we were slow and stopped often. Took us 3 hours up and 2 down.

Big bang for your efforts. Davis Path can be steep and bothersome at times but the viewing is great

Great hike with 6 year old and 9 year old in tow. Fairly tough accent but just short enough the views are fantastic at the top.

Definitely not a beginners trail. Fantastic views at the summit, but some very steep sections of the trail at about the 3/4 point.
when you reach the ledges it becomes a piece of cake.

Hike was more difficult than expected, but can't beat the view from the top. Hard to believe this hike is in the same "moderate" category as something like Mt. Willard, but I'm far from experienced with regard to how the trails are categorized. Eight of us between the ages of 7 and 48 went out (none of us with any experience outside of typical family hiking), and we all came back tired and happy. Bugs were a nuisance from the parking lot to about a half mile in. Nonetheless, a great way to spend an afternoon!!!

Definitely had to work for the view! The view was incredible. Black flies were not!

The Mount Crawford trail is actually a section of the Davis Path. The first half mile is relatively flat, then it starts to get steeper. The trail is well maintained with lots of rock stairs along the way. 3/4 of the way up the trail opens onto rock with gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains. 360 degree views from the summit. Super windy today which kept the bugs at bay. Fantastic hike!

took the davis path up today. (6/12 95 degrees) This trail was a lot harder than i remember. the black flies and mosquitos were TERRIBLE! I will definitely be sore tomorrow. Took me 4 hours. amazing views.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Loved this hike. Perfect combination of challenging and rewarding. Great views. Took me about 4 hours to complete, taking my time.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

amazing hike it'salso greatfor trail running.

Friday, July 01, 2016

great day hike...consistent climb but great reward..enjoy

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Great summit views make the incline workout well worth it!

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Did this hike on Sept 1st with my sister and sister-in-law. We are not real seasoned hikers but the weather was perfect and this was a great climb with the reward of a nearly 360 degree summit. As is usually the case we met great people along the way. No regrets and this is not a climb to pass up!

Friday, March 09, 2012

I made this hike with my 2 adult sons, Ron and Bob. The hike started out nice and easy, but as we got higher the weather conditions got worse. The fog rolled in and by the time we got to the summit, visibility was less than 100 yards. So much for great views. But we had a few laughs. And all hikes are great if you get back to the car unhurt.