Mount Chocorua Loop Trail

Mount Chocorua Loop Trail is a 8.5 mile loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A popular rocky traverse over a series of mountains in the Whites with terrific 360 degree views. This is one of the most popular and beautiful hikes in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Mt. Chocorua looks like the summit of a peak you may find in the Colorado Rockies! Once you get up to the ridge via the steep ridge trail you will be following a ridge traverse over open ledges and several peaks to the rocky summit of Chocorua. From the Chocorua Summit you will have great views towards Mount Washington and the rest of the White Mountains before heading back to the parking area.

fun with scrambles, and beautiful summit views.

Recorded about 10 miles but couldn’t agree more, challenging and beautiful views.

One of the best trails in NH. Not easy but worth the climb, amazing views at the top. most beautiful in autumn.

Did this with my adult sons lots different types of terrain with lots of views!

I went on this hike on a beautiful day in June and it was amazing. The views from the top are breathtaking, highly recommend! it's on the more difficult side and there are rocks to climb over at the top so be aware of this when setting out.

Bouts of steep rocks are mixed in with a decently level route. Elevation is gained roughly and quickly, however the views from the top are fantastic. On a clear day the white mountains can be clearly seen across the horizon. About 4 hours if you’re going a decent/slower pace. Like most N.H. hikes, this is well worth the trip.

Good hike.

Great loop with rocky summits, I strongly recommend it

We hiked up the piper trail today, took the pup with us as well. Great trail although there was a good amount of snow/ice still. We didn’t have spikes but still managed to summit. The top was pretty icey though. Spectacular views up top of Mt Washington and the surrounding White Mountains. With the snow and ice it took us about 4hrs round trip.

I didn’t actually intend to climb Chocoura when I went (originally there for the falls) so I was a bit ill-prepared. Like most will say, the views at the top are killer....however. It’s February but for some reason the temps were in the 60’s so I figured it would be a great day to get out. Don’t make that mistake on this trail. The whole mountain was melting causing the trails to become rivers of either slush or solid ice. Even with micro spikes it was incredibly tiring. Many sections of trail looked like solid ice but ended up being 8in of slush. That left me with soaked feet for the whole climb. Definitely plan your trip during nicer weather unless you’re a sucker for pain.

Really fun little rocky climb, especially towards the top! Beautiful views as well. Chocorua reminds us that it doesn't have to be big to be challenging and rewarding.

awesome veiws

Starting to get chilly up there now. Lots of icy sections about 1/2 way up the mountain. Microspikes were essential yesterday.

beautiful!

Lot of fun on this hike today. It is steep and jagged at the top (and a little icy today) but doable if you take it slow. The views at the top are amazing.

beautiful views of the summit as you're hiking up. good mix of shade and sun. and dog friendly!

Great hike! I went with my husband and dog going up the piper trail which was fun! Once we reached the rock summit it was challenging (especially if you have a fear of heights!) we had to carry our small dog to the peak, this is the first 'hard' hike I've ever done and I'm very happy we made it to the top, the view is unbelievable!! We took the Hammond trial back connecting us back to piper trail...the Hammond trail was less steep than the piper trail. Overall great experience!!!

Great hike.

Difficult, beautiful views and great hiking!

We went up and back same trail not the loop but did side trail to water fall. Wonderful trail! Good footing; great falls even though little water. Top was dramatic, rocky, view great. Very windy. One of my top hikes in NH/VT!

GORGEOUS hike!! Although there were many fellow hikers on top of Chocorua, our hike was very quiet and we didn't see many others on the trail (hiking on a Sunday). The Carter Ledge Trail is the most difficult part of the assent. However, once we got to the sisters ridge, it was smooth sailing, and the descent was not too rough on the knees. A must-hike in the Whites in my mind!

I'm always a little wary of what Alltrails considers "hard," but this one fits the bill. It was challenging in spots but very fun, and you can eat your weight in wild blueberries along the way. Amazing views from Carter Ledge all the way up to the summit! Definitely recommend hiking shoes/boots as opposed to running sneakers, since some of the bare rock face is steep and smooth even in good weather.

loved it, hiked it in the winter and had a great time. a great day hike loop, challenging, but worth the views..
a must

Amazing sunrise hike! Great views! Little difficult towards the summit but worth the climb.

The best hike I've done. It had everything, woods, ridges, exposed hiking with 360 degree views, a great summit, I stopped at the Jim Liberty cabin for a snack and even a little waterfall to cool off in at the end of the hike. Highly recommend.

Amazing View!

Amazing Hike

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Great condition but very buggy.

Sunday, June 11, 2017