Mount Chocorua Loop Trail

Mount Chocorua Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A popular rocky traverse over a series of mountains in the Whites with terrific 360 degree views. This is one of the most popular and beautiful hikes in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Mt. Chocorua looks like the summit of a peak you may find in the Colorado Rockies! Once you get up to the ridge via the steep ridge trail you will be following a ridge traverse over open ledges and several peaks to the rocky summit of Chocorua. From the Chocorua Summit you will have great views towards Mount Washington and the rest of the White Mountains before heading back to the parking area.

Really fun little rocky climb, especially towards the top! Beautiful views as well. Chocorua reminds us that it doesn't have to be big to be challenging and rewarding.

awesome veiws

Starting to get chilly up there now. Lots of icy sections about 1/2 way up the mountain. Microspikes were essential yesterday.

beautiful!

Lot of fun on this hike today. It is steep and jagged at the top (and a little icy today) but doable if you take it slow. The views at the top are amazing.

beautiful views of the summit as you're hiking up. good mix of shade and sun. and dog friendly!

Great hike! I went with my husband and dog going up the piper trail which was fun! Once we reached the rock summit it was challenging (especially if you have a fear of heights!) we had to carry our small dog to the peak, this is the first 'hard' hike I've ever done and I'm very happy we made it to the top, the view is unbelievable!! We took the Hammond trial back connecting us back to piper trail...the Hammond trail was less steep than the piper trail. Overall great experience!!!

Great hike.

Difficult, beautiful views and great hiking!

We went up and back same trail not the loop but did side trail to water fall. Wonderful trail! Good footing; great falls even though little water. Top was dramatic, rocky, view great. Very windy. One of my top hikes in NH/VT!

GORGEOUS hike!! Although there were many fellow hikers on top of Chocorua, our hike was very quiet and we didn't see many others on the trail (hiking on a Sunday). The Carter Ledge Trail is the most difficult part of the assent. However, once we got to the sisters ridge, it was smooth sailing, and the descent was not too rough on the knees. A must-hike in the Whites in my mind!

I'm always a little wary of what Alltrails considers "hard," but this one fits the bill. It was challenging in spots but very fun, and you can eat your weight in wild blueberries along the way. Amazing views from Carter Ledge all the way up to the summit! Definitely recommend hiking shoes/boots as opposed to running sneakers, since some of the bare rock face is steep and smooth even in good weather.

loved it, hiked it in the winter and had a great time. a great day hike loop, challenging, but worth the views..
a must

Amazing sunrise hike! Great views! Little difficult towards the summit but worth the climb.

The best hike I've done. It had everything, woods, ridges, exposed hiking with 360 degree views, a great summit, I stopped at the Jim Liberty cabin for a snack and even a little waterfall to cool off in at the end of the hike. Highly recommend.

Amazing View!

Amazing Hike

Great condition but very buggy.

Incredible view!