Mount Cardigan via West Ridge Trail

Mount Cardigan via West Ridge Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canaan, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a challenging hike for sure! It's all uphill from start to finish and about a quarter of the way to the summit is all large slabs of rock at an insane incline! When I thought I was at the summit I would turn the next corner and there were more! Don't let me scare you though the view is insanely beautiful. I could spent all night there. This was my second mountain this week , if you're a beginner I would save this for your 5th or 6th lol!!

awesome trails and beautiful view from the top! very Rocky and alot tougher then excited. lots of people! had camera stolen from parking area after leaving it for less then 20 mins

Beautiful views busy trail, I would have enjoyed less people and dogs

Have wanted to do this hike for a while and the views from the top did not disappoint. The trail was pretty muddy in parks but overall in good shape. The black flies were absolutely brutal until you got above the tree line. Forget the bug spray, bring a net, far more effective and won't wear off as the day goes on.

Today was in the 30s or lower and it was ICY! My boyfriend did not have any ice spikes, we were a little unprepared. I also dont have great ice spikes so I recommend getting some good ones if this is one of your first winter hikes. It was my second winter hike and it was so slippery we took a lot of painful falls. When we got towards the top it is a super tough push to the top of bare rock face. Super beautiful! A little strenuous towards to the top and too icy to be not prepared. We will definitely be more prepared for our winter endeavors but this was an overall tiring day. The view was absolutely spectacular and probably better than a 4000footer we climbed in September. Overall moderate hike, we took about an hour and a half due to being unprepared and out of breath but this would obviously be better had it not been icy!