Mount Cardigan via West Ridge Trail

Mount Cardigan via West Ridge Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canaan, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really nice day hike.

Be prepared for a fair amount of mud and wet rocks if you complete this trail after a recent bout of rain.

My nine year old did well on this trail with minimal breaks. There is a substantial time spent above the treeline on bare rock. Keep this in mind if heading out in wet weather. This also makes the hike a fulltime viewfest for the last .5 mile or so.

You will see crowds. If you do not arrive early you will be looking for parking. The peak was windy when we summited. This did not come as a surprise as everyone I've talked to has confirmed these conditions from their time on the top.

Well marked trail, solidly "moderate" in terms of strenuousness. stunning views at summit.

Great hike. Will definitely do again. The views are spectacular.

Fabulous. Challenging, wild, and 360 degree view from the top.

An incredible hike. I'd rate it on the top end of moderate in terms of difficulty, but so worth it. The 360 views from the summit were brilliant. Can't wait to do it again!

This was a challenging hike for sure! It's all uphill from start to finish and about a quarter of the way to the summit is all large slabs of rock at an insane incline! When I thought I was at the summit I would turn the next corner and there were more! Don't let me scare you though the view is insanely beautiful. I could spent all night there. This was my second mountain this week , if you're a beginner I would save this for your 5th or 6th lol!!