Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway Trail

Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway Trail is a 48.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Newbury, New Hampshire that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

old growth

I loved this trail. A lot of people may drop a star for the lack of big summits or the areas of road walking but I really enjoyed being able to just get into a meditative walking mode. It was so peaceful and I only saw one other hiker on the trail once I left Manadnock -- and I did it on a holiday weekend! Go out there, take your time and just enjoy the walk. As long as you know what you are getting in to, you will love it.

Great hike and amazing shelters, only downside is the amount of road hiking and trail blazes in the town of Nelson especially. Only able to truley recommend the northern 36 miles of this trail.

I have hiked this trail twice now and I will likely do it again before the year is over. Hiking south bound is the way to go because Mt Monadnock is a far better ending to the trail than Mt Sunapee. I was always able to sleep in a shelter, there are quite a few along the trail.

Saw a small black bear about a half mile past Old Marlborough Rd when hiking here in July.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

The lookout is amazing! On the trail look for red blazes that lead off to the lookout on the left (if coming from Lake Solitude).