Monadnock Summit Loop via Cascade Link, Red Spot, Pumpelly, and White Cross Trails is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until October.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,745 feet Route Type: Loop

My family and I did this trail all the way to the summit. My 14 year old carried our 3 year old all the way up. It was a great hike but a little more that novice hikers like us intended on getting into. Unfortunately the park closes full parking lot and basically force your hand on the trail you go on. Was a great view and very enjoyable.

This was the long way to the summit. Very nice well maintained trail but not well marked after red spot trail. Red spot has some steep rock scrambles. Nice way to hike to summit if you have time.

Hike down with Vis

Hike up with Vis

no traffic and humans until we got to the summit. totally recommend it. less steep but if you want the challenge. Descend via white dot

Bridge out, turned around and took white dot to cascade to red spot to pumpelly.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The White Dot Trail is tough but good work out. The markings at the top for White Dot or White Cross are poor,. The Red Dot was well marked. I didn't intend to come down that way but glad I followed it. Great trail with steady grade. Overall great loop with tough going up and moderate coming down. The Cascade loop took me right back to the base where I was parked.

Thursday, August 09, 2018