Moat Mountain Trail

Moat Mountain Trail is a 7.9 mile out and back trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Conway, NH: Travel 2-3 miles west on Dugway Road to reach the southern terminus. (Farther west on Dugway, the covered bridge is closed each year November to May.) Northern access is off West Side Road in the town of North Conway.

Hikes on 10/06/2017 started up South Moat from Passaconaway Rd..at first it was raining and as I made South summit it stopped...the view was spectacular...I went on to Middle Moat which is a short distance...from there I continued to North Moat...the sign to North is a little confusing but stay left...after climbing some rock walls( not hard) I came to an amazing view of the Notches...caught a rainbow over them...the only thing I didn't like was the descend down North Moat...steep all the way until you come to Lucy Brook...overall...I would do it again....great hike

The weather didn't cooperate with us to have clear views but the views we did have were worth it. A couple of spots with slick granite but otherwise a challenging but doable hike for beginners that are at least in decent shape.

Moan loop. Hard. 10 hours.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Fairly easy trail past Diana's Bath, but very few trail markers going UP the mountain. I noticed them all on my way down, though.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

we took the loop, thinking it would be amazing. the views were great, but the beginning of the trail after Dianas Baths is difficult to follow. Not the best marked, and because of all the connecting trails on the back of The nearby ledges, easy to get sidetracked.