Magalloway Mountain is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pittsburg, New Hampshire that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 830 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice hike, it’s a constant incline going up.

It's a fun trail, I usually do Coot up and down. I really enjoy the views from the outcrop and on top of the fire tower. It's a direct steep trail but lots of fun. One blow down that hasn't been cleared, but still very passable. We brought our dog on it and he had a blast, tons of things to sniff. I actually proposed to my wife on top of the fire tower, she even said yes.

Prefect distance, did the loop. It’s pretty steady incline. Alittle look out past the picnic table. The dirt road to get there seems like it goes on forever

Great hike! Make sure you have a decent vehicle. The road getting to the trail head is pretty rocky and narrow at times. Otherwise, the hike wasn’t bad and great views at the top. Will do again next time we’re up!

A magnificent view at the top of the tower.

We were unsure if our Fiat would make it to the trail head, but the roads weren't bad! Once at the trail head, we chose to go up Coot Trail. It was a steep and rocky climb to the top, but the tree coverage kept us shaded and cooler. Once we got to the top, we were greeted by the fire tower and beautiful views. The climb up wasn't easy, but the payoff was worth it. There's a path nearish to the picnic table on the right-hand side that leads to a ledge with some great views. If you're not afraid of heights, you can also climb the fire tower for more amazing views. We took the Bobcat Trail back down. It was definitely much more wet and slick than Cooter Trail. The rocks are abundant and slippery, so take caution as it's a steep descent. It was nice, however, to be able to try both trails!

Did this one on Friday, 7/20. Once you turn off of Rte 3 you travel 8.5 miles on what appears to be a logging road. The first half of that ride we travelled at about 30mph. Once you turn, the dirt road narrows to one lane where we travelled an average of 18mph! We did meet a couple of cars and much to our surprise there were 6 cars parked at the trailhead. We went up Bobcat because that was the only trail marked. It was a steady ascent. We came down Coot which comes out right near the toilet in the parking area. Coot is much shorter and I guess more steep? There was one big blow down about 3/4 of the way up Bobcat, but there was a fairly decent “path” around the left of it. The view from the fire tower was nothing short of amazing!

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Great mountain! Very rocky and pretty steep in some spots. Amazing 360° from the top of the fire tower.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

This is an amazing hike! Its not as steep as people say, it is but its not treacherous. There were a couple trees down on the trail you just had to walk around them but once you get to the top its completely 360 degree views of the mountains and lakes all around you, you can also see into canada and vermont!

Friday, March 09, 2018

Great hike steep climb nice views

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Lovely view at the top. We did the trail today up and down the Co on trail because we weren't sure if bobcat came out at the same lot.

Friday, September 01, 2017

Enjoyed the trail with my family. Had a great experience even with the weather being damp and muggy. Walking sticks help going down..

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Did this hike today with my wife and our 2 daughters 2 and 4. Our 4 year old was a beast on this hike. Up and down the mountain with no assistance so proud of her. Met a couple others along the way and really had a great day.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Wonderful trail, didn't meet one person. Wide trail. We hiked Coon trail up and Bobcat down . Both end up in small parking lot with outhouse.

Monday, July 25, 2016

We had a great time with this hike. the veiw from the look out tower was amazing. me my husband my 3 year old and our 6m lab took a little longer to get up there about 50min. But it was totally worth it. Both trails are very beautiful. coot was quicker but bobcat trail had some look out trails with some views you can't get from coot. Totally suggest doing both. once you are out on coot you will how it's crazy to think jeeps use to drive up this path.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Great family hike.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It was a great short trail up in 37 down in 30 was told to go to the lookout talis field after i came home!!! so dont forget to explore on top to see everywhere!!!!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Our cabin is 30 minutes from this trail, and I hike it every chance I can. It is a short trail, but definitely one that gets your blood pumping...relatively steep and rocky. The history behind this trail is also a fascinating one. At the top, there is a Watchman's Tower, and if you climb to its top, you can see into Connecticut, Vermont, and Canada. Peeking into the windows of the little cabin up there (which you can also rent!) is a treat as well. A great day trip.

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Short day hike unless you choose to stay at the Watchman"s Tower. Beautiful views especially from atop the rangers tower during a full moon.