For a limited time only, save 30% on a year of AllTrails Pro!
Get Started
Learn more

Lower Nanamocomuck Trail is a 13 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 13.0 mi Elevation gain 521 ft Route type Out & Back

Photos (177)
Recordings (3)
Completed (12)
Craig S.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 8, 2019
HikingIcySnow

Hiked from Albany Covered Bridge to Rocky Gorge and back. Windy and snowing lightly, much of the trail is dirt road. Trail is well marked it was a great hike although cool, about 29 degrees.

Jess Littlefield
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 8, 2019
HikingBlowdownBugsMuddy

Went today 6/8/19 with my 12year son, my dog, my friend and her dog! We started at the Rocky Gorge Scenic Area! No one was there at all when we started out! Let our dogs off leash! Hiked to the Covered Bridge and back! My Fitbit said I walked 8.29 miles, my friends Fitbit said she walked over 9 miles! Trail signs say trail is 3.4 miles each way! Really enjoyed this trail, however really really buggy, even with lots of bug spray! Deep mud in areas along the trail!

Leena Laitinen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 9, 2018
Hiking

I started from the covered bridge and hiked to Rocky Gorge and back, 3.5 miles each way. The trail starts as a gravel road, but quickly turns into a path in the woods. Since it is a ski trail, it is clearly marked with blue diamonds. Very pleasant and easy walk with several great spots to picnic or swim along Swift River. I hiked Sunday around noon and had the woods to myself! My dog was off leash the whole time and had several opportunities to drink and cool off in the river. We will be back!

Jenn Wohlert
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 3, 2013
Hiking

My BF and I did this hike being recommended by my sister. It was great. It was nice to walk in the woods and was not much of an incline. You pretty much are walking along the swift river. Great trail! We didn't go to the end but did have a great hike in the woods!

Jennifer L.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 18, 2011
First to Review

A group of local gals and I hiked this trail leaving a few cars at the Albany Covered Bridge and began our hike at the Rocky Gorge parking lot. With a few in the group beginners, making this trail a one way shorter hike availed us with the opportunity of making it an enjoyable casual hike. There were a few muddy spots from recent heavy rain-storms, so we were all grateful to have all worn our hiking boots, along with the bugs spray. It is a very popular hike, as not only did we come across another group of gals, but by the time we came on to the covered bridge area, there were many more visitors. Definitely will be remembering this for winter-snowshoeing.

Rich Smeltzer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 8, 2019
View Rich's Recording
Ian Phillips
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 5, 2018
View Ian's Recording
Tom Duff
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 25, 2017