Lower Nanamocomuck Ski Trail is a 13 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I started from the covered bridge and hiked to Rocky Gorge and back, 3.5 miles each way. The trail starts as a gravel road, but quickly turns into a path in the woods. Since it is a ski trail, it is clearly marked with blue diamonds. Very pleasant and easy walk with several great spots to picnic or swim along Swift River. I hiked Sunday around noon and had the woods to myself! My dog was off leash the whole time and had several opportunities to drink and cool off in the river. We will be back!

Thursday, October 03, 2013

My BF and I did this hike being recommended by my sister. It was great. It was nice to walk in the woods and was not much of an incline. You pretty much are walking along the swift river. Great trail! We didn't go to the end but did have a great hike in the woods!

Monday, July 18, 2011

A group of local gals and I hiked this trail leaving a few cars at the Albany Covered Bridge and began our hike at the Rocky Gorge parking lot. With a few in the group beginners, making this trail a one way shorter hike availed us with the opportunity of making it an enjoyable casual hike. There were a few muddy spots from recent heavy rain-storms, so we were all grateful to have all worn our hiking boots, along with the bugs spray. It is a very popular hike, as not only did we come across another group of gals, but by the time we came on to the covered bridge area, there were many more visitors. Definitely will be remembering this for winter-snowshoeing.