Lovewell Mountain via Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway

Lovewell Mountain via Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Washington, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hiked up other side on this rainy day. Both treks are good hikes and you can loop the whole thing. Bumped into a group of Greenway hikers, all females which was cool

Nice hike decent view. Made a loop out of it. You have to walk about 2 mi on dirt rd so if that sounds boring dont loop it

Had a lot of fun on this hike. We went up and over the mountain. Made a loop out of it. Will do again. We went on 5-7-2017

January 7th, 2017. I parked down on Half Moon Rd and hiked Lovewell Mtn Rd to the trailhead. The trailhead was well marked and the trail itself was well marked with white blazes and cairns. The assent was moderate and offered some nicely forested scenery along the way. The summit offered excellent views of Mt. Sunapee, to the north, and Mt Kearsage, to the east. Also of note, the Hemlocks on the summit were ornimented with ice.

One of my favorite places to hike in the area!

Note: Going in from this direction, Halfmoon Pond Road turns into a class VI road for the last half-mile or so, and there's a large, protruding rock near the start and many very deep puddles. My Corolla just barely had the clearance (and not for the large rock!).

This trail is a nice mix of climbing, descending, and flat (all in the same direction) with great views at the top. I believe the two fire towers to the north and northeast are Cardigan and Kearsarge, respectively.

My mapping app put this at 4.86 miles, not 4.0.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I bushwacked this trail from my friends remote cabin on ayers pond rd in east Washington. it was difficult and I was supposed to join the trail almost at the top but my gps showed the trail in the wrong spot. I eventually found it and made it to the top. Ive been going to that cabin for years and new I had to do lovewell. when I got to the top, I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed the views, signed the log book and headed back down

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This particular piece of the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway ascends Lovewell Mountain.

This was one highlight of the MSG for us. It was slippery when wet and foggy at the top but we saw a few mountains poking up through the fog.

The moss and trees made us feel like we were at a much higher elevation in the White Mountains. We remarked as we passed through that this would be a nice place to return to on a day hike.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

The trail was beautifully maintained with amazing views along the way! We hiked from the road to Lake Solitude! I would definitely recommend this hike for both beginner and experienced hikers! Experience hikers can continue on to the summit for more of a challenge and the beginners who may not choose to continue still get the gratification of making it to the look out point and then the lake! My 5 and 9 year old loved it!

Friday, January 29, 2016

Hike destination: Lovewell Mountain(2,400'), which from the Half Moon Pond Rd. trailhead, is a 4.6 mile out and back easy to moderate hike with a 925' elevation gain. The trail begins on a rough jeep road marked by white blazes which ascends gradually for .9 miles, then heads off to the left and continues for 1.4 miles to the summit. The white blazes and nicely built cairns near the ridge mark the trail well. Several wonderful views at summit.