Lost Pond Trail is a 1.6 mile out and back trail located near Gorham, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 282 feet Route Type: Out & Back

recorded Lost Pond Trail

Feb-09-2020. Trail was mostly packed down. Switched between micro spikes and snow shoes.

Beautiful trail. Very rocky and muddy in places. From end of lost pond trail to route 16 the river is impassable.

Wife and I hiked the Lost Pond Trail on 24 Oct 2019. The trail is an easy fairly flat trail. The trail offers wonderful views of the Ellis River and Lost Pond. Highly recommend this trail if you've got young children and or your knees aren't in the best shape (like ours) :) We combined this trail with a hike up Square Ledge. We are advance novice hikers in our mid 50's with failing knees and we still enjoyed this day very much!!

Beautiful shaded, rocky trail. Definitely recommend adding on 0.3 mile Glen Ellis Falls Trail at the end (or beginning) for a nice view. More covered than some routes but beautiful nonetheless!

Beautiful day. 63 degrees. Definitely a long tough climb so come prepared with your quads.

This is a fairly level and short trail that takes you past a tranquil pond with impressive evidence of beaver activity. Some sections are quite technical with boulders and crevices, so I would not recommend it for people with balance issues.

beautiful views. easy. you do need tup climb on rocks. the river is beautiful to cool off in on the way back.

Not to bad of a walk! Maybe back again 7/12/19

Easy walk. Much of it along a clear stream. Bunch berries blooming today and bead lily going to seed.

Mon May 27 2019

Mon Mar 11 2019

An easy hike. It was very rainy and cloudy the day we did it, but I’m sure that it would be beautiful in better weather.

Thu Jan 17 2019

Fri Jun 15 2018

Even in “mud season” was dry and beautiful. Great views, beautiful brook. Easy

Mon Feb 19 2018

Great short hike for beginners, especially snow shoeing. We caught the trail after a snowfall and was perfect snow shoeing conditions. Glad I had them on me to make the hike a bit easier.

Thu Sep 28 2017

Beautiful, peaceful short hike. The pond is absolutely serene, and mountains as a backdrop made for excellent scenery. Half way up the trail, I was treated to see a kingfisher pluck a trout (I assume) out of the stream. At the pond there is a huge beaver dam and I would assume if one was quiet in early a.m or eve, you would have a good chance of seeing a moose. Definitely coming back in a week or two to see the peak colors of fall!

Thu Aug 24 2017

great, easy hike for all skill levels! when we reached lost pond, there was a mom and baby moose grazing by the water! SO majestic and peaceful!

Wed Jul 05 2017

I wouldn't call this the simplest trail due to the uneven rock climbing, but the pond is absolutely beautiful. My wife and I saw a beaver happily swimming along in the pond.

Mon Jul 03 2017

very pretty, and I enjoyed being alone at the lake. this is an easy trail, and is easily followed and well marked.

Mon Nov 14 2016

Went on this trail on an overnight with my school. Hiked this trail on the second day when it was raining. Very peaceful when I got to Lost Pond. Had lunch on a flat rock, and the trail was easy to me. I hiked up Glenn Boulder the day before, and it tired me and my legs out. This trail on the other hand was a very easy trail, minimal large slopes, extremely easy to hike even with a large pack on, and is also a great view in the rain.

Mon Aug 29 2016

Fun river crossing! Great with kids and some beautiful lakes.

Thu Aug 04 2016

Nice hike to go with kids . And a pretty pond full of beavers den.

Sun Jul 28 2013

This trail starts directly across Rt 16 from the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center and is used to get to the Wildcat Ridge Trail (AT). It is an easy and flat half mile that is much more interesting than walking the highway. Nice views of the Ellis River and Lost Pond along the way.

Thu May 09 2013

Not the most beautiful trail in New Hampshire, but an easy loittle beginners trail or warm up.