Lost Pond Trail

Lost Pond Trail is a 1.7 mile out and back trail located near Gorham, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful, peaceful short hike. The pond is absolutely serene, and mountains as a backdrop made for excellent scenery. Half way up the trail, I was treated to see a kingfisher pluck a trout (I assume) out of the stream. At the pond there is a huge beaver dam and I would assume if one was quiet in early a.m or eve, you would have a good chance of seeing a moose. Definitely coming back in a week or two to see the peak colors of fall!

great, easy hike for all skill levels! when we reached lost pond, there was a mom and baby moose grazing by the water! SO majestic and peaceful!

I wouldn't call this the simplest trail due to the uneven rock climbing, but the pond is absolutely beautiful. My wife and I saw a beaver happily swimming along in the pond.

very pretty, and I enjoyed being alone at the lake. this is an easy trail, and is easily followed and well marked.

Went on this trail on an overnight with my school. Hiked this trail on the second day when it was raining. Very peaceful when I got to Lost Pond. Had lunch on a flat rock, and the trail was easy to me. I hiked up Glenn Boulder the day before, and it tired me and my legs out. This trail on the other hand was a very easy trail, minimal large slopes, extremely easy to hike even with a large pack on, and is also a great view in the rain.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Fun river crossing! Great with kids and some beautiful lakes.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Nice hike to go with kids . And a pretty pond full of beavers den.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sunday, July 28, 2013

This trail starts directly across Rt 16 from the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center and is used to get to the Wildcat Ridge Trail (AT). It is an easy and flat half mile that is much more interesting than walking the highway. Nice views of the Ellis River and Lost Pond along the way.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Not the most beautiful trail in New Hampshire, but an easy loittle beginners trail or warm up.