Lonesome Lake Trail

Lonesome Lake Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Directions from Lincoln or Franconia, NH: This trail is located in the southern most parking area of Lafayette Campground which is located on I-93 about midway between the towns of Lincoln and Franconia.

Not sure which trail I did, but all I can say was it was a freakin hike and a half. I'm not a super experienced hiker and hiking up to the hut at the top was tiring, but so worth it once I was to the top. Gorgeous views and it was a perfect day.
Edit: It was called the Lonesome Lake trail. :)

Great hike. It was harder (more steep and rocky) than I expected but totally doable especially considering that it is not a very far distance. Just wear the right shoes! We hiked with our dog and our baby in a backpack. It was a beautiful lake and I loved the lake loop! Also note that it's a pretty busy hike.

Beautiful lake and a great place to stop and have a snack from your backpack, while enjoying clear waters.

Very nicely marked trail. Little trek up but once you are at the lake, it's an easy walk around. Take some great pictures of the lake, wildlife and check out the lonesome lake hut! Great trail if looking for something on he easier side with a group of people

Easily found the trailhead. Parking was difficult, but not impossible. There were so many people hiking that it made it difficult to keep a good pace. The climb to the lake was fairly steep and wet. We did the lake loop and up to Cannon. Nice trails. Well-maintained.

the view tho