Lonesome Lake Trail

Lonesome Lake Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Directions from Lincoln or Franconia, NH: This trail is located in the southern most parking area of Lafayette Campground which is located on I-93 about midway between the towns of Lincoln and Franconia.

Great hike! Middle of trail going up was more aggressive than other parts but definitely worth it! Cozy little pond at the top along with a hut. Food and snacks are available for purchase once there.

Moderate and civilized. Bathrooms at top and Food! Fun with great diversity. Something for everyone. Saw groups of school children with packs heading up for a few day stay at the hut. My kind of classroom. Recommended.

It was raining a bit when I started so there weren't a ton of people. When I was going down, I passed at least 30 people because the rain had just stopped. It felt OK for me to do in the light rain as long as I was careful (and I consider myself very cautious/ nervous). It's a steep climb up but really pretty at the top. Part of the path around the lake involves walking on log paths over swampy areas. To be clear about the view, when you get to the top around the lake, you will be looking up at mountains behind the lake, not looking out and down at a view from the top (in case that's what you want).

Somewhat steep at parts, but the views of the lake are amazing and a nice reward for all the hard work. Very dog friendly, but the walk around the lake can get muddy, if that bothers you. Definitely check out Lonesome Lake hut!

Such a great hike! My boyfriend and I completed it in about 2 hours, round trip. Incredibly rewarding view at the top and a lovely hut to relax, refill water, and use the bathroom if need be. :)

So incredibly gorgeous! Great workout on the way up rewarded with such incredible beauty and peacefulness. I could've/should've done the lake loop several times before leaving, it was that perfect.

nice

beautiful

Not sure which trail I did, but all I can say was it was a freakin hike and a half. I'm not a super experienced hiker and hiking up to the hut at the top was tiring, but so worth it once I was to the top. Gorgeous views and it was a perfect day.
Edit: It was called the Lonesome Lake trail. :)