Lonesome Lake Trail

Lonesome Lake Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Directions from Lincoln or Franconia, NH: This trail is located in the southern most parking area of Lafayette Campground which is located on I-93 about midway between the towns of Lincoln and Franconia.

We went up the Lonesome lake trail and down the Dodge Cut-off. Very mellow. Didn't need snowshoes, only our foot spikes. We passed a family headed up to stay overnight at the hut.

Awesome snowshoeing! Lake frozen so you can walk on it. Visit the hut, great people.

Great easy winter hike. Snow is packed on the trail. No need to use snow shoe. It was nice to cross the lake and take a break at the hut!

we did it January 28great footing temps in the high 30sgreat hike

Love it! It’s better to hike with crampons than to snowshoe in the winter since it is usually packed down due to heavy travelers

Hiked to lonesome lake hut with my son a bit strenuous for me but a walk in the park for him all in all it was well worth it the experience and the views was great

Moderate hike. Nice lake at the top for swimming in the summer. The hut had food and cold lemonade. Pretty crowded in the summer, but fun and worth it.

Unique hike. Not to be missed. Stayed in lean-to at top. Last hiked in 1990. Took a group of teen and younger kids. Hard hike, but they enjoyed it.

Unplanned and Unknown about this trail, stared as a small walk but it felt to be harder. Decided not to return did complete and the view and experience is great. Really worth.
Suggestions: Carry some energy bars and water to have on its way. Having the walking sticks is nice to have.
I did it during fall and loved the fall experience
Check weather

This was amazing. Trail was fairly easy but the lake at the end was gorgeous. Perk was having bathrooms and a place
To relax before turning around

Way harder then I thought it would be I’d say it’s moderate/ hard go early morning if you crave solitude hiking poles will help if your like me just starting out when you stop hearing traffic you’re near the top it’s easer HAPPY TRAILS

Great hike! Middle of trail going up was more aggressive than other parts but definitely worth it! Cozy little pond at the top along with a hut. Food and snacks are available for purchase once there.

Moderate and civilized. Bathrooms at top and Food! Fun with great diversity. Something for everyone. Saw groups of school children with packs heading up for a few day stay at the hut. My kind of classroom. Recommended.

It was raining a bit when I started so there weren't a ton of people. When I was going down, I passed at least 30 people because the rain had just stopped. It felt OK for me to do in the light rain as long as I was careful (and I consider myself very cautious/ nervous). It's a steep climb up but really pretty at the top. Part of the path around the lake involves walking on log paths over swampy areas. To be clear about the view, when you get to the top around the lake, you will be looking up at mountains behind the lake, not looking out and down at a view from the top (in case that's what you want).

Somewhat steep at parts, but the views of the lake are amazing and a nice reward for all the hard work. Very dog friendly, but the walk around the lake can get muddy, if that bothers you. Definitely check out Lonesome Lake hut!

Such a great hike! My boyfriend and I completed it in about 2 hours, round trip. Incredibly rewarding view at the top and a lovely hut to relax, refill water, and use the bathroom if need be. :)

So incredibly gorgeous! Great workout on the way up rewarded with such incredible beauty and peacefulness. I could've/should've done the lake loop several times before leaving, it was that perfect.

nice