Little Haystack Mountain summit hike via Falling Waters Trail

Little Haystack Mountain summit hike via Falling Waters Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Amazing views the whole way up, from waterfalls to 360 Mountain View’s. Definitely a very hard trail, especially on the way down. Very long as well.

I really enjoyed it. The trail was heavily traveled, but it was the beginning of the holiday weekend. Hit a few spots of snow and ice but nothing unmanageable. The summit was windy. I wish I had more time I would of headed up the ridge trail. Definitely go back.

Completed the loop in 6 hours. Ascent up Little Haystack had a tiny bit of snow - we didn't need spikes but they could be helpful for that tiny section. Very windy on the Ridgeline. Descent had a tiny bit of snow, less than ascent. Beautiful hike! We saw why it is so popular.

It's a nice trail, but don't do that, do the whole loop on the franconia ridge, it's definitely worth the few extra miles! You are already up there, so why skip the best part?

Amazing hike. Set off around 8am to leave plenty of time and ended up getting back to my car at 1pm. Spent about a minute at the summit due to very strong winds, very cold, and it being socked in. Mother Nature decided to reward me on the way down and things cleared for a beautiful bluebird sky complete with birds serenading me. Used microspikes the entire hike and without them, it would have been much more difficult in a lot of places. Had the entire mountain all to my self. All in all a great time.

Fun trail was crowded when I hiked it wished I had gotten to trail earlier. Waterfall was gorgeous trail can be slippery in spots...saw quite a few people struggling in sneakers. Unfortunately had no view at the summit of Little Haystack

Did this hike 3 days ago...It was an AWESOME hike!

This trail is difficult but worth it. BE PREPARED. Wear the right shoes with ankle support, fuel your body, and bring warm gear for the summit because it's COLD (even in August). The trail is beautiful and mostly all boulders. It rained incredibly hard on my way down making it a very slow process.
This trail is STEEP. But, doable. There was a mother with two girls (7 and 9) behind me with their dog. It's doable. But be prepared to take your time.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Such an amazing hike heading up falling waters trail. Difficult but worth it. One of my favorites so far! Once your at the ridge it's a 1.7 mile hike to Lafayette summit and would recommend heading down old bridle trail on the way down.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Awesome hard tho

Monday, October 10, 2016

Great trail lots of beautiful spots to stop and take pics. Absolutely would not rate it difficult though, and I am not a huge avid hiker. My aunts 2 tiny dachshunds did it with ease and the smallest one is 12yrs old.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Awesome hike! Can be quite tough in spots, but well worth it. Pretty tricky in the rain. Views of the water falls are awesome.

Monday, September 05, 2016