Lincoln Woods Trail

Lincoln Woods Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.8 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Attempted trails yesterday (1/16/20) despite all the crazy snowfall. Ran into bear. Did not complete hike.

Phone died a mile into hike. Hiked up to campsites on east trail. Perfect early winter day.

Not much to see, but easy to follow along the river

Hiked this one today with my dog. First time we’ve been through and found a actual parking spot. Nice holes along the way for the dog but wish I’d ditched my hikers and grabbed my running shoes cuz it would make a nice flat run.

Easy and beautiful trail. In late spring and summer, BRING BUG SPRAY. i got bitten by at least 20 mosquitoes.

A beautiful and easy hike along the river and the ruins of an old railroad track. Not too much elevation change, and lovely trees.

Lovely, gentle hike to Franconia Falls and Black Pond off the Lincoln Woods Trail.

Still has some snow on parts of trail. Easy hike for the family.

My husband, myself and our 4 year old dog Ellie took Lincoln Woods up to Franconia Falls last weekend 04/07/19. The trail was packed with snow, but more or less easy to walk on. The trail was straight and followed the river. There were a lot of beautiful things to see throughout the hike, and it’s one we will always remember. Hardly any incline at all, which was perfect because of how much snow was up there. We will come again!

Trailhead at 10, was at Franconia Falls by 11:45, took some pictures of the ice formations, and was back by 1:45. Conditions were snowpack and some slick snow. Did not use yaktraks, but they could have helped.

Mon Dec 17 2018

Nice easy trail with good river and waterfall views. Looking forward to a Mountain Bike trip here.

Thu Dec 13 2018

Nice trail. Easy hike, little elevation gain. The snow was pretty well packed for good footing most of the way to the tent site, after that show shoes would have been helpful so I only did about another mile. I biked and hiked Lincoln Woods Trail in September and it was nice. Today was the Eastside Trail on the other side of the river.

Wed Aug 01 2018

Did this trail with my scouts who had not been back country backpacking before. Had a great time. It was fairly smooth for the youngest to handle. There are active bears! We had one approach our camp 4 times in one night, 1st night. We went up the Franconia Falls Trail and had a great afternoon playing in the water on the 2nd day. Just let the scouts nap since they didn’t get much sleep the night before. Beautiful area.

Sun May 13 2018

Had a ton of fun with my 7 year old son today! The trail is very flat and easy to hike. Beautiful falls once you accomplish a somewhat boring 2.8 miles. Family friendly!

Wed Aug 16 2017

Nice trail run - 6.5 mile out & back to Franconia Falls

Mon Jul 03 2017

Muddy! Overall good hike. Not much sun, little boring landscape for 2.8 miles. Falls are beautiful once you arrive!!!!

Sun Jun 25 2017

Nice hike with friends and family. We swam in the falls which was cold but fun!! We do this one again

Tue Aug 16 2016

A very flat trail with lots of railroad ties. The falls were spectacular. Natural waterslide so bring your swim gear. You won't regret it after hiking during hot weather

Thu Aug 11 2016

Slow and long incline all the way up the trail- biking cuts the time down by 80% to reach the falls where some of the best swimming holes can be found. Coasting the 3 miles back down the bumpy rail tracks is awesome on the bikes. Not so awesome of a walk though which we've done before.

Sun Jul 10 2016

This trail is more like a leisurely walk up a slight incline than a hike. Good for strollers, young kids and dogs on leashes. The hike was lacking but the pools and rocks to play on at the top in the river are well worth it. People were sliding down the rocks like slides

Mon Jun 08 2015

My favorite woods, just for the sake of memorable moments with amazing people, as well as pushing myself to ends i've never dreamed of. Stuck in the lightning storm and climbing to Mt. Bond - Best adventures ever!

Wed Oct 15 2014

Hiked a part of this trail the day after doing the Lafayette Loop. It was very peaceful hike and a great way to wind down from the previous day's hike since it's mostly flat. The views aren't amazing, but it was still very beautiful in the fall. It's about 3.2 miles (6.4mi RT) to the Franconia Falls (take a left right before the bridge to Pemigewasset Wilderness).

Fri Jul 13 2012

Great Multiple day hike with great spots to camp even in the deep deep woods. We started in Franconia Notch and finished where this trail head is and capped 10 different peaks. The only downside was the incredibly buggy exit path through some swamp land. The worst bugs I have ever encountered but it could have just been bad timing and other than that every aspect of the hike was incredible, highly recommend as a multiple day trek for any experienced hikers

Thu Aug 26 2010

Awesome day hike or backpacking trip. You enter the trail and hike 2.9 miles to the camp. This trail is great no matter what season or weather you encounter. At the end of the 2.9 miles boarders the Pemigewasset Wilderness which includes the following mountains; Lafayette, Lincoln, Liberty, Flume, Galehead, Garfield, Owl's Head, North Twin, South Twin, Bond, Bondcliff, West Bond, Carrigain, the Hancocks, Tom, Field, Willey, and Zealandas. So your backpacking/hiking options are endless! I love to take my kids and beginner backpackers in overnight to the 2.9 mile camp. We spend the day crossing the river and heading to Franconia Falls to swim.