Lake Massabesic Trail

Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trail for a weekday walk with the kids and dog!

Just great for hiking, biking, jogging! Beautiful at any time of the year, especially at foliage.

Great trail! mostly flat, offers a few great views of the lake just a small walk off the trail. Great for the dogs and any level of hiker. Trails are decently marked, but I refered to the app a few times to make sure I was on the right path. From the parking lot walk to the right, go left at the road, walk 20 feet, turn left at the trail gate, everything is easy to see. Fun trail, took 3 hours taking our sweet time.

Easy walk. Lots of dog owners with pets off leash. Nice field area with birdhouses and apiary. We started off trail far east of the Audubon off Spofford road. Trail started nicely off Manchester Water Works however we needed to bush wack about 150 yards though blow downs before connecting with the maintained trails.

Amazing place for hiking

my favorite new England trail

My go to trail for a walk. It follows the side of the reservoir. Flat, heavily travelled by bikes. Good path for dogs on a leash. Lots of ticks. Please be aware and check your dog after. Nice lily pond and pretty foliage.

Nice trail, poorly marked. Also someone keeps bagging up their dogs poop and leaving it on the trail. How stupid are you?! Now you are just throwing plastic bags in the woods? Dumb people ruin everything...

The trails aren't really trails, they are gravel roads. Wide and flat enough to drive a car down. There are many small trails diverging off but none of them are marked. While on the gravel roads, there is nothing really to see. No ponds, no wildlife. The trails start at the Audubon center and go through some fields. BUT there are signs you can't bring dogs through the fields because of the birds. So if you are bringing your dog, you'll need to walk up the road past the parking area and two houses to get to some wooded trails.

While this is a beautiful hike, the trails were kind of confusing, and the maps did not help much at all. I'm not saying you'll get lost, as the trails are very well maintained and have lots of traffic... but be prepared to realize you have to turn around after going in the wrong direction for 20 mins!

I love coming here with my toddler because the paths wide enough for the stroller. It is a gorgeous place to walk year-round. Make sure bring some snowshoes during in the winter. The snow can get quite deep on the path.

very nice, peaceful walk through the woods. beautiful sights along the way.

Peaceful. Easy riding for mountain bike. Double track.

Great views, well maintained for a run or easy hike. Good for families and very pet friendly. Great conditioning trai for training for a marathon

I walk this path all the time after work. It's quiet and easy to do. It's a good way to get in a little workout during the week. The view is beautiful also!

Beautiful, what a great trail

the only complaint is there where too many dogs off leash here.

Not much to see of the lake. Must be nothing to see in Summer. Easy walk

Monday, April 17, 2017

quick easy trail took less time than I thought

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Super easy and beautiful hike.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

very easy trail, nice views.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Nice flat trail, well maintained, great fall foliage. Maps available were deceiving. Map signs on trail were great but tree markings were sporadic. All in all a nice fall walk.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

A friend and I used a part of this trail yesterday, largely looking for photo opportunities. I'm new to this site, and I don't know how I could contribute to making the map better. But suffice it to say, first the parking area here is at an Audubon Society location. There are many, many more trails than the main one shown. And we had to ask for advice to see the possible connection to what we were SEEING as opposed to what was on the map. That said, it sufficed, and we probably would have managed, with a little sense of direction (which I have) to figure out how to proceed. The place is beautiful. The Google map directions for GETTING here were a bit messed up. It might be wise to check a real map before relying on Siri (Google maps) entirely.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Dogs in leashes, friendly people, light traffic, wide trails and beautiful views. Loved watching the sailboat races too. Definitely our top choice

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Nice walk and the dogs loved it. We found several secluded beaches. It's a nice easy stroll and quite picturesque near the water.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Beautiful trail

Monday, July 11, 2016

short

Friday, July 01, 2016

Awesome

Friday, June 24, 2016

I have taken some really beautiful pictures here! Always a delight.

Monday, June 13, 2016