Kimball Pond Loop is a 2.4 mile loop trail located near Dunbarton, New Hampshire that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 114 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

Full Loop can only be made during winter months or extreme draught.

I was able to complete the Loop Trail but it wasn't easy. Beavers have flooded the trail at the top of the Lake. Was able to walk across the Beaver Dam. Very narrow and need good balance or you will fall in. I also took the East Side Trail and made a loop by returning on the Loop Trail. Several beaver ponds to view along the way. Highly recommended.

First part of the trail was awesome till I hit the beaver dam and I had to go up to my knees in the water to get to the other side to continue the trail which again I ran into more water it is not a loop it should not be a loop definitely needs work

Had to turn around and back track... Started on the east side and working around the pond counter clockwise, and came to the junction where there is another small pond which is adjacent. That area was flooded - but started to move from rock to rock, tree hillock to hillock until it seems impossible to go further....so had to turn around and head back.

This trail should not be classified as a loop trail. There is way too much water and mud at the northwest section of the trail. We had to turn around after several attempts at maneuvering from rock to rock over mud. There was also poison ivy on this section as well, which solidified our decision to turn back.

Trail is a bit flooded

Beautiful trail. Easy to miss the left turn and continue on the snowmobile trail. Hit a dead end where the trail was flooded and water was actively flowing over the path. Looked like a lake. We turned around, which was disappointing, but we’ll start in the other direction next time.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Just bring a lot of big spray. When you get to the back half the mosquitos are so bad it feels like rain.

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Nice trail, well marked. HOWEVER, with high water you cannot go around the whole pond. I started from the boat launch and went counter clockwise. Made it 2/3 of the way and the trail is blocked by high water. On the way back I added the east side loop (see my recording). Did 3 miles total

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Neat spot to check out. I prefer to take the trail starting at the entrance on the main road. It was a wide clean trail. Nicely marked. Several side trails that brought you to water. I started walking on the trail near closest to the pond but found it wasn’t near water much. Didn’t complete the loop but plan to return. A bonus was seeing an old grist mill rock foundation too. Saw ducks and a beaver.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Nice little hike. In my opinion it’s between easy and moderate due to hills. Also, be cautious to follow the white dots on trees, or you’ll end up on the snow mobile trail as we did. Anyway, we backtracked and caught back up with it. However, as we reached what should have been the last .5 mile or so, the water was to high to cross and the pathway was washed out. Great day hike.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

This is far from an easy trail I don’t know who read it but it should be hard if you haven’t got hiking boots and good knees stay off this trail not coming back either

Monday, October 16, 2017

Nice easy trail. Nobody else was in the trail.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Peaceful and scenic, not the White Mountains of course but for Dunbarton this is an incredible little gem with lots to explore and enjoy, good exercise, also a good idea to have some bug spray.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

need to bring water and snacks, there were places that were flooded but with a walking stick and good balance you can make it across or a short jont through the woods to get to the other side, all n all good exercise and good walk, if you don't want to go around the puddles you will have to walk 3/4 of the way back

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Still a bit flooded 3/4 of the way but accessible with water proof boots. Not much for scenery but the trails are well marked. Load up on the bug spray!

Monday, April 24, 2017

got 3/4 around and trail was flooded had to turn around

Monday, April 03, 2017

we did in the winter, look forward to the spring.

recorded Kimball Pond