Indian Head Trail

Indian Head Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Nice and peaceful along with being decently challenging. It was raining for the most part but still mint. The summit was grey due to overcast but well worth the hike up.

Solid family hike- was a first hike for Dad and he did great. We'll be sore tomorrow but it's good. A real steep part before the top. Waters high so it's very wet halfway up but beautiful.

Le sentier n'est pas super bien aménagé... fallait même parfois chercher où aller! Beaucoup de roches ... et de racines! Ce n'est pas physique mais technique car un faux pas et c'est la merde! Je l'ai trouvé difficile et pourtant je suis expérimenté... un peu d'amour dans ce sentier serait bienvenue! Vue magnifique au sommet sur un beau cap de roches qui valait l'effort!

what a fantastic hike! I left my truck at around 6:00 or 6:15 hoping to catch the sunrise when I got to the top and I did. beautiful views and a fresh few inches of snow just made my day. I usually do bigger mountains but Im new to the winter hiking and wanted to play my solo trip safe. the views are better than some 4000 footers that ive climbed recently and not matter what your experience level is, I highly recommend it.

Great views, a little rough in spots due to a lot of roots and wet leaves because of the time of year. Trail was closer to 5 miles but still an amazing hike.

Harder than I thought it would be! Fairly well marked trail, would like to see brighter tree markers. In the fall, leaf coverage makes trail a little hard to follow. Steady incline, roots and rocks most the way. Near end, very steep climb when you're most tired but view of the pemi valley up top is very nice.

There are two trails to reach summit, I took the "yellow" from trailhead parking in rte 3 near the Indian head resort. The blue trail, I understand is from the flume parking lot. Two trails means you may enjoy a solitary quiet hike up, but more people at the top can be annoying!

Harder than I expected. Good trail but lots of roots for most of it. Pretty steep towards the top, a jumble of rocks.
I went with my 10 year old daughter and it took us about 4 hours round trip but we spent a good half hour on the summit to eat lunch. Great views once there.

Great short hike. Took us 2.5 hours with a 15minute break at the summit. No bouldering involved so low skill level needed. Steep climbs near summit. Views are amazing and well worth the climb. Dog friendly saw many people with dogs recommend a leash, steep drop off ledges at the summit. Muddy at spots so bring bug spray and wear good gripping shoes