Learn more

Guinea Pond Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Center Sandwich, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.8 miles Elevation Gain: 239 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Fun moderate hike. Need insect repellent. Need waterproof shoes. Need long pants. About 45 mins in on Guinea Pond Trail (because of go around) another 60 mins. up to Mt Israel on Mead Trail at most.

NICE HIKE THROUGH WOODS. MOOSE SIGN BEAVER EVERYWHERE. THE PUPS LOVED IT. WANT TO DO BLACK AND FLAT MT. PONDS SOMETIME. GREAT FAMILY DAY.

Hiked this back from Flat Mountain Pond. Very easy trail except for the area to the northeast of Guinea Pond has been flooded by beavers. Forced us to go off trail for about a mile when we picked it up again. Otherwise a pretty flat boring stroll through the woods.

Did this trail last Saturday and Sunday. easy hike until you get to where the beavers flooded the entire trail. My wife and I pressed on through snake infested water up to our knees. this portion of the trail was rough, felt like we were on Naked and Afraid. Also not marked very good. lightly trafficked. We got by this and decided to head up to Black mountain Pond and spend the night. Black Mountain Pond was beautiful with Sandwich Dome mountain as it's back drop. weather was great. trail leading to it was quiet and peaceful with a running stream and small falls for most of the journey. Bugs were not an issue. Tons of moose tracks and droppings. Great weekend hike

Thu Jul 23 2015

A friend and I were excited to explore the old logging rail trail that used to make it's way up into the mountains. Unfortunately however, we found a rather large beaver dam pond at the Northwest corner of the track and ended up turning around, I didn't want to get too much water into the bearings on our bikes. I suspect that the pond could be traversed if you are a bit more daring than I am, it was only 10-15 feet across. It was otherwise a fun adventure with lots of varying weather from sun to torrential downpour and back to sun, gotta love the White Mountains. Sandwich Notch Road was passable with my Mazda 3, but it was a stressful drive as we dodged the potholes and crawled over the rocks.

Mon Jul 22 2013