Green Mountain Towers

Green Mountain Towers is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Claremont, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Gravel road is steep! But very rewarding at the top. Follow trail behind 1st tower, it's a hidden clear view!

As someone else said this is not an easy hike, more like moderate. I think I missed something or maybe it was the time of year (late summer) I went but I didn't find much of a view. Which was quite disappointing as you can tell you are quite high up. I think the second tower had the best view. The third tower seems to technically be the top of the mountain but I didn't find a view. I suspect the view is better in the winter when there are no leaves blocking the view.

Nice moderate snowshoe hike on an ATV trail. Recommend going past the first large cell tower with gated area to the left, then curving to the right and up to the second tower. Highly recommend that you go to the second tower to take in the magnificent views.

Relatively easy hike, only took about twenty minutes to get to top from where we parked, but the view at the top was beautiful. Our dog also enjoyed it!

Great view from the top!

Monday, August 08, 2016

Pretty good hike. Not long enough, barely got my heart rate up.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

I'm not sure who rates these things but this hike is not "easy". I've hiked a lot in the White Mountains and Acadia National Park and done some very difficult hikes which this doesn't necessarily compare to but to say that it is easy is deceiving. It is basically all up hill which is fine. It's primarily used as an ATV trail. The downside is that at the top there is some loose footing due to oversized rocks that were laid down. I was concerned I would twist an ankle. My daughter hiked it all on her own though so it wasn't too bad. Nice view at the top if you go around the back side of the tower.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Friday, June 19, 2015

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday, December 21, 2014

This is really great for snowshoeing; walk the logging path to just before the first tower, bear left on to the spur trail which will take you along the ridge to two other towers and some kind of marginal views, but the terrain is fun.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Friday, August 29, 2014

Easy to moderate depending on how active you are but not very demanding overall. Offers great views of Mount Sunapee and Mount Ascutney if you continue past the.first tower. The trail itself is a ATV path used by service technicians working on the cell phone towers. Just drive to the end of Cat Hole Road and park in the dirt turn around leaving the driveway to the left unblocked. The trail is on the right past the gate.

Monday, July 21, 2014