Georgiana and Harvard Falls Trail

Georgiana and Harvard Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful! The views ramp up as you go along, each section of the falls larger and cooler than the last. The trail is mostly shaded and the water was cold in June. We ran into maybe two groups and there are several “trails” to walk along to avoid running into people. I put it into quotations because it is not well marked (look for red lines on trees) and people have made a lot of paths to get around downed trees. Be prepared to watch out for roots and big rocks. The hiking isn’t too hard if you pay attention. We brought a terrier sized dog that’s in good shape and she did pretty well but was tired by the end. We needed to keep an eye on her while jumping around the rocks. It’s worth going up to the end of the trail but the second to last water fall has an island in the middle of the gorge that’s perfect for a picnic.

Awesome waterfalls. Well worth the hike. I agree that it wasn't well marked

Trail is marked with red blazes to Georgiana Falls, but is still hard to follow. As long as you follow the river you can't get lost. The last half mile or so is very steep but worth it. Beautiful river trail. Dogs loved it. Followed an unmarked trail to try and find Harvard Falls but did not have time to make it there.

I only went to Georgiana Falls. The trail was muddy, eroded, and got rocky towards the end, and the rain didn’t help. We stopped at a cascade, then I scrambled up some steep and slippery rocks to get to the waterfall. I imagine it would be much nicer on a drier day in late spring.

We only went as far as the top of upper Georgiana Falls (1.8m). That cut out almost half of the elevation gain, making it a hike easy enough for our young kids. Our favorite hike in Franconia Notch with young kids, however, is the Basin Cascades Trail to Kinsman Falls.

views were Exquisite Falls was beautiful Trail was not well marked

Starts off very easy, more of a walk than a hike, but the last 1/4 mile or so feels like you do all 700ft of the gain straight up! A work out, but so worth it when you make it to Georgiana Falls. Beautiful spots to grab some photos, and to sit and enjoy a snack by the falls. A little narrow and some rock climbs/hopping, so can be tricky for dogs who aren't used to that sort of hiking.

I would do this again in a second but would be more prepared with water and better footwear. I thought my 15 year old daughter and I would cruise up and down this short hike in no time. It was great, a little muddy and my heart was pumping toward the top. Only saw 2 other hikers on way down.

This hike started out really easy. About halfway in, there was a lot of washout from recent rains and it's possible that we got off the trail for a while because we ended up climbing between rocks. Buddy fell into a pool between the rocks and took an unplanned swim, but was able to climb back out. When we got farther up, there's a lovely flat space near a pool where we relaxed in the sun for a while before heading back down.

fairly easy hike with good Waterville views and access. good hike with younger children.

Light start, but it gets more beautiful and difficult as you go. Eventually, you are just boulder hopping until you get to the top. Stunning views of water, forest, and mountains. Lightly traveled and the perfect place for a rustic picnic.

Great easy trail at the beginning then moderate rock climbing as you get to the top of the falls. My kids loved it (13,11,9,6)
Beautiful scenery from the top of the falls. My husband and kids climbed the rocks on the falls and I walked through the wooded area along the falls which eventually led to some rock climbing. Well worth it. Bring bathing suits. There is a small watering hole at the top. Then more climbing of rocks if you choose!

Great short hike, Beautiful views

Beautiful trail. As advertised. Steep in parts, rock scramble at times. Manageable as a shorter hike (with kids). Rewarding views and water holes to cool off in.

Jytyyyyyyytrtfr

Good workout, pretty views of large falls. Steep incline and narrow passage in some spots. Leave the little kids at home for this one.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Great hike to do on a day that is going to be warm. Get started early and go straight to the top. Hang out there for a bit, then stop at various places on the way down to enjoy the views, catch some sun, wade, and perhaps discover a water slide or two. Wear good hiking shoes, but bring your water shoes.

Monday, June 12, 2017

endless, stunning waterfalls will have you believe they are going end at any moment... be prepared for some steeps, but nothing technical. Great views, you won't regret it!

Monday, May 01, 2017

Really enjoyed this hike! The trail is marked pretty well, at times we lost the markers. The trails follows the falls, easy to navigate. Beautiful views!

Monday, April 17, 2017

One of my favorite spots in Lincoln. The waterfall views and lookouts are amazing. There are many different places to stop along the river and hangout. The hike up to the top to Harvard Falls is worth it especially if you've made your way to Georgiana Falls already. We just did this today-- mid April and there was a little bit of snow on the trail but still easy enough to navigate.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Couldn't quite make it to the top with snowshoes on unfortunately ( and stupidly without my poles); a little too steep at the very end. I will be back in a few months to see the ultimate views! Beautiful frozen waterfalls though- not a disappointment. Well-marked trail.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Was absolutely amazing. The view at the top was worth the struggles of my legs getting tired!!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Great in November in the snow flurries! ☺️

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Nice trail by a stream. Probably best to do when it hasn't rained too much as there are lots of rocks to climb. It wasn't the most scenic trail I've been on in NH but a good quick climb that took some exertion in the middle/too parts. Bottom part of trail isn't marked super well with lightest yellow paint marks but the upper part has decent markings with the red paint. Having the app to follow with GPS makes it so you can always find the trail.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Great views on the way up to the top . I would advise anyone doing this trail to wear hiking shoes or something with good grip , especially in the fall with the leaves/moss posing a sliding hazard . Two great waterfalls to see , I adventured upwards passed them a little ways to see more of the view . Pay attention to the red markers on trees to know you are on the right path . I had to refer to some of the others mapped out walk to know I was on the right way . Didn't take very long , again beautiful views to see .

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Awesome. But steep and not ideal for kids under the age of 5.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Great moderate walk with a huge reward at the top. Beautiful falls and massive granite boulders along the trail. Would visit again.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Short cool hike to do with friends with some water pools to cool off in

Monday, September 05, 2016

Without AllTrails, I never would have known about this trail. Climbing up the rocks was very fun, and the view looking down was amazing. I would advise dog owners and older folks to be careful hiking up this trail, because about halfway through the only way to continue is either up the steep rocks or staggered landscape with no clear marked path. Overall, a very good hike.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Most visitors would not know about this spot without All Trails. The owner of the cabin we stayed at was surprised and said it was a beautiful spot for locals. There are no signs on route 3 to turn onto the dead end side street with a little parking lot.
The trail is almost unmarked going up, few more red markers on the way down. Follow the stream up and you'll be ok. There is one area about halfway up where it is unsure. I followed a path up through the woods which is not the trail. You actually want to go over the large rocks in the stream and continue that way for a while.
Cascading falls toward the top are very nice and it is not crowded. Nice short hike with water views the whole way.