Gap Mountain Trail

Gap Mountain Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Troy, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From the south parking lot, it is a 2.6 mile round-trip hike to Gap Mountains middle summit and back. This is a strenuous hike over steep terrain, so please be sure you have sturdy footwear and plenty of water. From the South parking lot, follow the yellow blazed trail 0.4 mile to where the trail merges with the Metacomet Monadnock Trail (white blazes). Continue straight ahead on the M/M trail, following the white blazes, emerging on the middle summit at 1.3 miles. If you wish to visit the north summit, follow the white blazes down into a swampy area and then back up to the summit (0.1 miles beyond middle summit). NOTE: On returning to the parking lot, remember to look for the yellow blazed trail to the parking lot on the left just after crossing the stream.

A great little hike with easy/moderate incline, mostly towards the end of the trail.Took approximately 2 hours round trip with a break to enjoy the awesome view!

It's definitely moderate, the last but was steep. I'm out with a 8,6,4,2 and 1 year old. the 8 and 6 could've made it to the summit but after all the stairs at the end the littles couldn't. Trail is beautiful and clear. We will definitely come back and try to reach the summit again.

my boyfriend and I hiked it today. thought it was listed as moderate, it was pretty easy, other than the last 30 ft. It gets a bit steep towards the top. There are lots of blueberries on the summit, and a nice view of Mount Monadnoch

This place is in my top ten for hiking. The views are beautiful, but not nearly as stunning as the trail itself. When I went this summer I saw a flock of cedar waxwings as well.

Takes about 30 minutes to top. Nice view of Monadnock at summit. Lots of wild blueberries during June/July. Usually not a lot of traffic between August-May.

Took our 2.5 year old and 7 month old in a pack. What a wonderful family day! I had to carry the older at times on the way up and most of the way down (we left late and missed nap time) but I cherished every minute of it! Wonderful view and all the blueberries you can eat/carry. Well marked trail and well kept! Will do this again and again!

The trail was well marked! It did have some harder, climbing spots but when we got to the top it was well worth it. So many blueberries!! and the views were awesome. I would do this hike again if it was closer to home.

I had to rest a few times, but it's totally worth it to get to the top!

Excellent trail with great views. watch out for flies.

Good trail would do again. I was pleasantly surprised and happy I could bring the dog.