Gale River Trail

Gale River Trail is a 8.8 mile out and back trail located near Bethlehem, New Hampshire that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

October 14, 2015 - my first major hike with my husband, first 4,000 footer and first time staying in an AMC Hut. Holy struggle bus! It was the last night of the season when we went and we hiked from autumn into WINTER. It was snowing with a crazy windchill when we finally arrived at the top. When we went, the trail had recently been redirected and the terrain was rough! Big boulder staircase and you turn a corner and whoop! There's another one! I said to my husband at one delirious point, "I think Jesus himself is going to be waiting for us at the top of this mountain!"

Croo was awesome, the adventure was awesome, the only reason I give this a 3-star is because it's a brutal hike for not a ton of payoff in the view department. The summit marker is very anticlimactic - smack in the middle of a grove of trees! Bottom line, I'm glad that I did it, not sure I would purposefully take this route again.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Beautiful trail and moderate views from the Galehead summit near the AMC hut.

Saturday, July 12, 2014