Franconia Falls Trail

Franconia Falls Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I didn't hike all the way to Franconia Falls, but the trail was pleasant. Very flat and wide, not too crowded after you cross the bridge. A couple of openings looking over the river. I thought it was nice but nothing spectacular.

First time there with my 17 yo who loved swimming the falls.

We hiked this trail while camping near by. There were 21 people in our group ranging from age 6-55. Everyone enjoyed the hike despite the rain. The kids really enjoyed the falls. Great trail for all hiking levels.

really nice easy walk to the falls and so much fun when you get there!

great dog friendly hike...

Nice trail for families and pets! Relatively flat the entire way. We loved it!

Nice out and back

Was enjoyable day. Easy hike in and some swam/jumped off rock. Beautiful Falls!

Absolutely breathtaking! The views are stunning and a very family fun friendly trail!

Awesome for being out in nature during the winter. You have cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and hiking. The formations of snow on the rocks and the river are beautiful. We didn't get to the falls. But the hike is lovely in the winter.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

This was not so much a hike as a walk to get to a great destination. My kids 10 year old, 12 year old and 15 year old had a wonderful time on the slides. We hiked some trails that are listed as difficult and moderate. This is not either of those. This is an old road bed with little as far as beautiful views that are seen in most of the area. But when you get to the slides and falls it's is awesome. The huge slabs of rock to lay about to soak up sun. Or the shoots that launch you into deep pools. As always be alert of your surroundings and you level of comfort when you transverse the brooks and rocks.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

We didn't actually make it to the falls so maybe had we gotten there I would rate it better, but the hike out is very boring - basically a jogging path along the river. I thought there would be things to do/see along the way but there wasn't and my 5 and 7 year old weren't really enjoying it (bugs were also pretty bad). After going about a mile we turned around.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Such a fun and easy hike. The natural water slides are a blast. Highly recommend.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Very easy stroll through the woods. The waterfalls are great. ..be careful swimming. ..water is cold!

Friday, July 24, 2015

My first hike with my son. Falls are great bring a bathing suit

Monday, June 08, 2015

Nice easy traill off of an intersect with a bridge. Great stone collecting. Very peaceful when unpopulated.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Very busy trail in mid-summer with people headed to the falls to play and cool down. Completely flat hike until the very end as you approach the falls. Suggest diverting off the trail to Black Pond before the falls to enjoy sitting by this beautiful pristine pond.

Friday, February 07, 2014

Coming down to the Conway area in winter for a weekend of Snowshoeing/Hiking this is great place to stretch the legs and have a thermos lunch in the woods. Simple flat walk to the falls with nice babbling brooks along the way.