Flume Slide Trail to Liberty Spring Trail Loop

Flume Slide Trail to Liberty Spring Trail Loop is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not sure I'd ever choose to go up the Flume Slide again, but I'm sure glad to be able to say I've done it! One hell of a hike. Pretty much straight rock climbing for the last half mile, and it got pretty nerve wracking in some spots due to wet rocks. The effort is well worth it, though. The views on top of Flume and Liberty are my favorite so far. I don't recommend trying to go down the slide trail, nor would I take a dog on that section. You're really going to need both hands free for some pretty technical climbing. But when you're done, I can guarantee you'll feel accomplished.

So the Flume slide. fun until ya hit the slide...... ...Im glad I never will have to do this again. we got caught in the rain. Made it more slippery. I can see why so many accidents . Iam glad we did it..(I say that as we are finished) take your time. use your head.The views are amazing.awsome experience!

really cool. Flume Slide easy for first hour, then real steep with lots of climbing.

One of the best hikes I've done, challenging hike with amazing views of the surrounding mountains. A little advice though, go up Flume slide trail because it is very tricky trying to go down it, had to slide down on my butt more than once.

The Flume Slide trail was so gradual and easy until it wasn't. The slides were hand over hand and technical in spots. The views from Flume and Liberty cannot be beat. I would do it again!! The Liberty Springs trail was a wonderful way to come down. I highly recommend this hike!!

Hiked this loop yesterday with my GF and a friend and had a blast. We went up Flume Slide trail and as stated by some other people I would not recommend descending this side (definitely go up it). It was a bit wet from rain the previous night but with some caution we were fine getting up. At the top is a ridge you need to cross to get across Mt Flume back to the trail and seeing as my GF has height issues we had to stop a couple of minutes to calm the nerves and then cross. Personally I like exhilarating spots like this so I really liked it! The hike says 9.8 miles, another gentleman on the trail told me 10.1 - point being is it's not short so get started early if you don't want to get back late. We started at 10:30am and finished around 6pm (we also stopped multiple times for lunch and scenic views.

Tough day to get up flume slide. The rock face was slippery and it made for VERY slow going. The brooks were rivers and we had to take our boots off to cross most of them. I do t recommend going up flume slide after a huge rain storm. But I will definitely do it Again when the ground dries out. Ended our day with VERY wet boots.

brutal and worth it