Five Finger Point Trail

Five Finger Point Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Holderness, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Every place marked No Parking. We had to turn around and leave. :-(

My kids do not like hiking as much as I do. My kids love this hike for the rock jump and swim!

Very easy trail. The leaves are slippery, but we were able to do the entire trail in an hour and 45 minutes with a couple of 15 minute stops at the tiny beaches! We even saw a massive snapping turtle in the water, which was cool, but I definitely didn't wanna go for a swim after seeing him haha. Bug spray is a must!

Beautiful hike with some sandy beaches if you need to cool off!

Beautiful, easy trail along the lake. There are several places to stop and swim along the way. Doggo and I give it 5 stars!

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Opportunity to swim on this hike. Wintergreens & blueberries when in season.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Perfect trail for a hike and picnic.

There is only a small parking area and it shares it with another trail. be careful about where you park. The local residents apprently arnt pleased aboutits popularity. I got a parking ticket.

Beyond that this is a fairly easy hike. The first mile has the only elevation gain and after that its a trip around the peninsula. There is a large sign marking the UNH conservation land. There are 2 or 3 sandy beaches to swim from and a larger flat rock beach towards the middle. This was the largest waypoint.

if it werent for the parking issues. I would rate this 5 stars.

I fought my ticket and had it rescinded. The local police department told me the town is working on better parking accommodations.

Also don't be fearful of the crowds at the trailhead. They are almost all heading for the other trail. We only ran into 3 or 4 other groups on five fingers.

Friday, September 01, 2017