Falling Waters Trail

Falling Waters Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Falling Waters Trail follows the rocky, rushing Dry Brook upstream to meet the Franconia Notch Trail. It features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking & snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. 0.5 miles below the summit is a 0.1 mile spur trail for "Shining Rock". This is an exposed slab of granite 200 ft tall by 800 ft wide.

This is an incredible hike, I did the loop so I saw the waterfalls and walked along the ridge. It is awesome. Check out my write up along with some other things to look out for.

beautiful waterfalls and amazing views at the summit

Great hike!! It took us about 6 hours and 40 minutes round trip using the Falling Waters trail.

I was really cold and windy on the summit but it was totally worth it.

Definitely going back in a few weeks.

This trail is fantastic!! My favorite hike so far, the view from up top is amazing!! The 1st third of the trail is easy with nice water falls, the middle of the trail is moderate and the last part of the trail is very fun / difficult!! My friend while climbing called it the never ending staircase. It was a perfect day that we climbed 10/11/16 and I met some really cool people along the way who I ended up having dinner and drinks with after the hike!!

Really tough toward the top but totally worth it. Beautiful water falls

A must!!

Pretty steep, but awesome. It seems like it goes on and on, with no flat sections. Its tough in the rain, but on any day, the view is well worth it.

A must do if you are going up to the eidge trail for the day. Going up was better than going up the bridal path. but both make you earn the great view.

From the waterfalls to the ridge line hike, this is an all around amazing hike. Ascended Falling Waters and came down the Old Bridle Path. The Greenleaf Hut has free drinking water to top off bottles and hydration packs and the food there smelled amazing. I'm definitely glad I packed trekking poles for the descent; saved my knees big time.

Rather steep hike with not so very spectacular falls. There were no true swimming holes along the way up, the water is just too shallow. Plus side was all of the various mushrooms growing along the trail.