Falling Waters Trail

Falling Waters Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Falling Waters Trail follows the rocky, rushing Dry Brook upstream to meet the Franconia Notch Trail. 0.5 miles below the summit is a 0.1 mile spur trail for "Shining Rock". This is an exposed slab of granite 200 ft tall by 800 ft wide.

Great views. Micro spikes idea. Lots of ice and covered with a light layer of snow.

Very challenging even more so with the hordes of people using the trail. Regardless I enjoyed the hike up..,waterfalls were gorgeous. Unfortunately no view when I reached the Ridge trail.

This trail was so gorgeous and challenging! Views were insane, even on a cloudy day. Can't wait to get back there!

Did this hike today with my dog. Long and steep, slippery in places but worth the view at the top. Everyone on the trail was friendly and courteous.

it's rather difficult and challenging if you're well into middle-age and in normal physical condition and not seasoned mountain hiker, but feasible still (youngsters have no problems whatsoever). On a wet day, be very careful as it gets very slippery just about everywhere as you're mostly going on boulders or rocks. Nonetheless, I was delighted we did it, it's very beautiful.

Rocky and steep at points but well worth the work!

great hike for waterfalls

Pretty waterfalls, lots of rocks to scramble over. Steep in certain areas.

The waterfalls were cool to look at. Well marked and less trafficked than Old Bridle on the ascent to the Franconia Ridge trail.

This is an incredible hike, I did the loop so I saw the waterfalls and walked along the ridge. It is awesome. Check out my write up along with some other things to look out for.

Great trail, awesome start to our hike up LH, over the Franconia ridge, and down Lafayette for a night at Green Leaf hut. When they say "heavily traveled" they mean it. It was like a conveyor belt of hikers at time going up. I'm totally down with everyone getting out there and enjoying our natural world, it with that many people, always comes the rotten egg- for our hike it was the group of smokers who couldn't not light up on the trail. Oh well!

would recommend. nice steady climb with no real difficult parts. went up Falling Waters, over to Lafayette and down Old Bridle path. good day hike and get to stop at hut.

This trail is a ton of fun and beautiful. A perfect mix of scenic and green with physical challenge. Never a bored moment. It was misty the day I hiked it so the climb had a lovely mystique. That said, I definitely would not recommend this trail if it's actually raining because there is a considerable amount of sloping rocks that you have to ascend.

Pretty waterfalls!

Easy to hike. Well built trails. Nice waterfalls. Leave extra time to do Mt. Lincoln.

Very steep and rocky, but worth it. Beautiful land.

Awesome!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

beautiful waterfalls and amazing views at the summit

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Great hike!! It took us about 6 hours and 40 minutes round trip using the Falling Waters trail.

I was really cold and windy on the summit but it was totally worth it.

Definitely going back in a few weeks.

Friday, October 14, 2016

This trail is fantastic!! My favorite hike so far, the view from up top is amazing!! The 1st third of the trail is easy with nice water falls, the middle of the trail is moderate and the last part of the trail is very fun / difficult!! My friend while climbing called it the never ending staircase. It was a perfect day that we climbed 10/11/16 and I met some really cool people along the way who I ended up having dinner and drinks with after the hike!!