Fall Mountain State Forest is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alstead, New Hampshire that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Updated 11/18: The red-marked map on alltrails is incorrect. The middle looking pond is actually North Pond, and the one below is Middle Pond. I recommend hiking here in the Fall and Winter, due to the tall knee deep grasses all along the trail for Middle Pond during the late Spring and Summer months. It is a steep hike going to North Pond, and not just a flat land hike.

Keep in mind the trails are unmarked, though they are nice and wide on the way to North/ Middle Ponds. Other side trails are a bit more confusing but can be entertaining if orienteering.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hikes like this are why I like this app son much. I never would have known about this place and it's practically in my back yard. We weren't able to complete the loop however as the trails isn't marked and I wasn't sure if it was looping and I was out of water for my dog so we turned around. Still a nice hike. Seemed to be a few other trails going off in multiple directions to explore also.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

There is about 6 ft where water blocks the ability to complete the loop.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Over the years I have hiked the trails within this state forest. The trails are a bit dicey, some marked for snowmobile and other for more passive recreation. I down loaded a map from the state of NH Div of forests.
There are actually 3 ponds; in the spring...when water is high. Last year I pulled my kayak up to the un-named swamp pond, cruelling but Awesome!
Next week I plan on pulling my kayak to Middle pond.
Toda I hiked from the Walpole side to the Fall Mtn HS side. Awesome X2

Friday, May 06, 2016

Nice trail.
Clearly marked due to the width of the trail (a car could fit) although we couldn't find the loop. We ended up doing 5 mi out and back trip around North Pond. Once we completed about 3 miles there was signed indicates that we had been hiking through fall mountain state park but we were unsure if the trail looped around or headed towards the Connecticut river. Despite this it was an enjoyable hike that was suitable for a few athletic levels.

Friday, September 05, 2014

This piece of land is between Langdon and Walpole New Hampshire. there are several miles of trails, two ponds, and a rocky summit area called Table Rock. The trails are very nice and are maintained by the students of Fall Mountain High School. Park in the dirt pull off half way up the driveway and be sure to turn on your All Trails tracker as there is no official trail map for this location. There are several other entry points which I will track in the very near future.

Sunday, May 21, 2017