Edmands Path Trail

Edmands Path Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from US 3 north of I-93, NH: Travel US 3 east to where it intersects with US 302. Take US 302 east for several miles to where it forks with Base Road. Travel Base Road to Mt. Clinton Road. Turn right (south) onto Mt. Clinton Road and travel about 2 miles to the trailhead which is on the left (east). Stay on Base Road and travel 1 more mile to the trailhead on the north side of the road.

Enjoyed the hike and the view at top. The last part of the trail is quite rocky but manageable.

I only hiked this trail to the summit of Eisenhower and then continued my journey onwards to Mount Pierce and Mount Jackson. So my review is solely for ascending.

I left the trail head around 8:45 and it was cloudy and misty and cloudy. It was very steep in many areas with rock "staircases".

Very muddy as others mentioned

My second trip. Good, challenging day hike. Muddy in spots.

The trail as others mentioned is quite muddy. There are small streams that run through most part of the trail making it muddy. I highly recommend wearing hiking boots. The first 15-20 minutes are easy flat hike and after that it is is gradual ascend. I am in average shape and I reached the summit in 3 hours. Some hikers I met on the way hiked in 2 hours. The descend was easy but since it was muddy and slippery in some parts, it took us 2 hrs 15 mins to get back. There is a small parking lot which gets full fast, but you can easily park on the side of the road. It was super windy once we got above tree line, so we could not stay for more than 5 minutes on the summit. It was such a bummer since the views are gorgeous. When we hiked, there were very few people on the trail, maybe because it was so cloudy and windy or maybe because it was July 4th. Dress in layers and wear hiking boots and you should be good to go! Highly recommend!

Extremely muddy to the point where it made coming down harder than going up. Beautiful views at the top, though.