Edmands Path Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 7.5 mi Elevation gain 2,818 ft Route type Out & Back
Dogs on leash Hiking Nature trips Snowshoeing Bird watching Forest Views Wild flowers Wildlife Muddy Rocky Scramble Snow
Description
Waypoints (0)
Contact
Getting There

New Hampshire Division of Travel & Tourism, P.O. Box 1856 , Concord, NH, 03302-1856, Phone: 603-271-2665

Directions from US 3 north of I-93, NH: Travel US 3 east to where it intersects with US 302. Take US 302 east for several miles to where it forks with Base Road. Travel Base Road to Mt. Clinton Road. Turn right (south) onto Mt. Clinton Road and travel about 2 miles to the trailhead which is on the left (east). Stay on Base Road and travel 1 more mile to the trailhead on the north side of the road. [Seasonal winter access road closures. Park on Base Station Road and walk 2 miles south on Mt. Clinton Road to Trailhead.]

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (285)
Photos (870)
Recordings (265)
Completed (814)
Quinn MacVittie
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 26, 2020
View Quinn's Recording
Mari Kuraguchi
Hiking

A great day hike with great views. Congrat to Phil for completing his NH48!

View Mari's Recording
Michelle Campbell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 21, 2020
View Michelle's Recording
James Desmond
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 19, 2020
Hiking

amazing. very cold and windy up top. crystal clear amazing views

View James's Recording
Stacey Mitchell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 15, 2020

Great trail.

View Stacey's Recording
Shaun Cloonan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 15, 2020
HikingRockyScramble

Got there at sunrise and forecast said it was going to be sunny today (9/14/20) and it wasn’t. It started raining pretty good right when I started the trail but I’ve hiked in the rain before with no problem. The trail is absolutely beautiful, lots of ominous looking trees and a fun trail to navigate. And the incline was never more than you could handle, it was fairly gradual enough to let you go at a good pace. So I knew the weather was horrible but I was having fun ...... until I ran across a sign at the end of the tree line stating “worst weather in America, many have died here, even in the summer. If weather is bad turn around.” I’ve never seen a sign like that on any other mountain and I think it kinda messed with my head. I was not going to turn around, but I went slow and steady and felt confident, until I hit the base of the summit. The winds were 85mph (which I’ve never experienced before) and my hands were so cold (even with gloves on) I couldn’t unzip my backpack to put on my winter coat. All I could do was hide behind the pillar of rocks for a bit wishing I never went up. The summit was pretty miserable and I left as quickly as I could, but it still gets 5 because I could tell if the weather was friendly, that summit would be incredible. This is a good 4k beginner mountain in my opinion, lots of tight spots though which are fun, but I wouldn’t want to be dodging people on this trail. Go early.

Lynette Cornell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 14, 2020
View Lynette's Recording
Alan Belcher
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 9, 2020
HikingGreat!

Hiked on Sept 9. Beautiful but hazy, 80+ degrees, hardly a cloud in the sky, light breeze. Maybe 24 others on trail. It was great to get to the alpine zone for the first time in 30 years. Gorgeous views of Mt Wash. and other Presidentials. Not a hard climb, about 6 hours climb time. I took the loop trail as shown on AllTrails map. There are a few places where the trail is down to ledge and it's slippery (dust, not water) on the way down. Trail in great shape otherwise. Only bugs I saw were a few grasshoppers, and water crossings were a breeze. BTW, if you lost the outer sole of your boot near the bottom of the trail, I have it!

Erik R
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 5, 2020
View Erik's Recording
James Vachon
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 3, 2020
Hiking

Great hike. Buggy a couple miles into the woods. Beautiful 360 degree views at summit.

View James's Recording
Kyle Mitchell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 30, 2020
Hiking

trail was great, normally it would be nothing too challenging on a good clear day. Pretty flat coming in the a fairly steady incline to the treeline. "Scariest" part would probably be the rock scramble just before the trail split before heading to the summit just out of the treeline. Normally it would be just overcoming your fear of heights but today was windy, wet, some sleet, and a little wild weather. While I was comfortable a couple others in our party were not and decided to turn around and wait at the treeline due to poor weather conditions. Know your limits and when to call it quits and live to hike another day. Nothing wrong with tapping out. My buddy Dan and I scurried to the top, took a vid,and came back down quickly. Path was easy to follow, a little tight squeeze in areas for allowing passing hikers to move on but overall the trail wasn't too busy (probably due to bad weather). I have knee issues on steep or rocky descending trails but this one didn't bother me that bad.

View Kyle's Recording
Ian Rackow
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 29, 2020
HikingGreat!

Fantastic hike! Our family of moderately experienced hikers had no issues, there were a couple of slippery spots up towards the top. Definitely bring layers for once you get up to the alpine zone, the traverse is windy as advertised.

Ken Hall
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 28, 2020
Hiking

Difficult as advertised. Very rewarding views along the ridge.

View Ken's Recording
Kevin Leary
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 22, 2020

Good trek

View Kevin's Recording
Wayne J. Getchell
Hiking

Edmands path moderate difficulty, mainly because its constant up (ie no switchbacks). Few rock climbing areas near top but not too bad. Both Eisenhower and Monroe initially fogged in, but then...voila...clouds cleared and sun came out. Amazing views all around. Great hike. Crawford path between summits is amazing (when you can see where you are going, ie no fog!:)

View Wayne J.'s Recording
Isaiah Freedman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 20, 2020
HikingGreat!

Fun hike! Loved walking on Eisenhower Loop in the alpine zone. Was cloudy at the top so the view wasn't great, but was nice to see part of the Presidential Traverse!

View Isaiah's Recording
Lisa Wilmot
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 15, 2020
HikingGreat!Rocky

This is my all time favorite hike! It starts off fairly level and once you start the ascent it is a pretty consistent grade the remainder of the hike. My only complaint is that this hike ruined all future hikes for me. The views from the top were absolutely incredible. There are few places you will see such an amazing 360 degree view. I will definitely be going back and hope to add another peak next time.

Michelle Kinerson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 9, 2020
Hiking

Ah. Maze. Ing. Definitely one of my favorite hikes. Beautiful trail, lots of moss and vegetation along the way which made the trail really interesting. Nice work out and so so gorgeous once above tree line. Next time will add Mt. Monroe loop!

View Michelle's Recording
Michael Flynn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 4, 2020
HikingRocky

Great hike with a good view all around. A little wet, rocky and steep in the middle, but overall a great day hike

Nicole Nicole Chauncey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 1, 2020
View Nicole's Recording
Ellen OBrien
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 30, 2020
Hiking

Great trail! Started early and pass just about 12 people on this trail. Started foggy but the sun came out and WOW! This was an amazing hike.

View Ellen's Recording
Sal Barba
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 25, 2020
Hiking

Fun hike to get to the top

Morria Heilman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 18, 2020
HikingMuddyRockyScrambleWashed out
View Morria's Recording
Stephanie Cawley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 16, 2020
HikingRocky

My recording shows 10 miles but that's because I hiked up a mile and a half and had to return the same when my hiking friend had a leg issue and needed to head off trail. So that added 3 miles to my total. But this is a nice quick access to Ike and the Presidentials, only 2.5 hours up (probably a little quicker if I hadn't already hiked 3 miles). I've done this several times before, the last was 2 months ago when there was still 3' of snow on the trail. Trail is typically wet in the mid section but definitely doable. Summit was cool and socked in with clouds and fog but a nice change from the summer heat we've been having.

View Stephanie's Recording
Alexis Delgado
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 8, 2020
Hiking

One of my favorite 4,000 footers. It’s so beautiful even before you get to the summit. 360° views. I would absolutely choose this route as opposed to going up to pierce and then over to Eisenhower. I personally thought this trail was on the moderate side as opposed to being rated as hard.