Doublehead Ski Trail

Doublehead Ski Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

180 degrees + views at the top of the south peak. Well worth it. 1/52wav

Great hike, perfect length of time for a quick day hike. WARNING: I was attacked by mud wasps at about 43.81115, -71.52443, give or take 100 feet in a muddy area

I loved this hike but a couple warnings: not for kids. This is very steep despite only being 3 miles. My husband and I who are in good shape had to stop several times for rests on the way up.

Also- it's not one to take if recent downpours or threatening to rain. I suspect flash floods occur on this trail as it's a old stream bed. Muddy. And cross streams a lot.

The view is nice at the top but not spectacular. The view away from Mt Washington is the better view. There is a cabin at top (you can reserve- otherwise it's locked). There is an outhouse you can use if you are desperate- it's pretty gross and with lots of flies and spiders.

We took the "old path" down- I don't recommend it- very steep and hard on the knees.

I agree no views until you get to top. The views from behind the toilet were fabulous and then from South Doublehead were even better. We had a slippery time due to the leaves on the trail but worth the hike.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Great views for not a lot of effort. I have hiked this a couple of times, first time up the ski trail and then over to the first ledge view on South Doublehead and down the Old Path to the Ski trail. The second time I hiked up the New Path and then down the spur path to the two ledges with views then back to the New Path to the Junction with the Old Path and out the ski trail and walked back the road. The ski trail is wide and easy a bit steeper at the top. Old path is a little steeper but not a problem going down. Trails are in good condition. New Path is more challenging, quite steep and with poor footing for the top half. I would not recommend this as an easy way down.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Not much to see on the way up, the trail is pretty plain except for a smattering of small flowers on either side of the trail. It's entirely possible that things weren't in full swing when I went. Lots of fantastic views from the top and places to explore around the cabin.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Decent Hike, great views. Definitely would hike it again. Pup friendly.