Crotched Mountain from Greenfield Road

Crotched Mountain from Greenfield Road is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Francestown, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

PARKING: Hard right into lot from main rd. Lot holds 10 or so cars. There were 3 there when I went on a Saturday afternoon.
TRAIL: Start beside the welcome sign in the parking lot. I went up East and down West trails. Multiple false summits. The real one is on the blue trail blazes (Upper Link Trail) and has a picnic bench to mark the top. Summits have nice views, 180 degrees max. Nothing significantly steep. I would call this moderate, not hard. At a brisk walk, I summited in 2 hours and returned in 1 1/4 hours (with 15 minutes worth of total resting). I passed maybe 6 people during the entire journey (loved the silence).
BRING: You'll need bug spray but not suntan lotion. It's a 95% forest walk. I went through 1L of water on a high dew point day (65), but I'd bring 2L to be safe.
BOTTOM LINE: the smells and sounds will relax your soul. Ladies and gents, enjoy.

Great hike. Took the west route down and saw a black bear.

Well marked and a lot of fun!

What a great hike! We were within 7 yards of a doe, caught a glimpse of a raccoon, and munched on wild blueberries. The trails are marked well, and the views from the summit was spectacular. The trail is somewhat challenging towards the top, so wear good hiking shoes. Thanks, MH, for a great hike!

great hike with plenty to see everywhere!